Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chapter Twenty Seven Point Seven Five : Coming Full Circle

Beauty the Brain with a little more information that I felt needed to be mentioned since at the end of a previous installment I had failed to detail some information that might very well prove useful. So while we as I had mentioned arrived at a farmhouse that was currently owned by the engaged Ogre there were a few more mysteries that still needed to unraveled.

Sadly my last installment may have sounded a bit dark or a bit daring but I realized it had nothing to do with Emerald or the situations that the others were only know perhaps coming to terms with for I assure you the nightmare or fantasy fell free to take you pick that is the Unseelie Court is a place where I witnessed horrors and experienced pleasures that so far would make manifestations of Cthulhu and the events we have perceived so far pale by comparison. So the Dreaming God and his plans were not my primary concern what had actually infatuated me was how the so called Deity Cthulhu had managed all of this with the aid of only a few artifacts. I mean really somehow this chaotic being was managing the manipulation of a least two whole worlds had had either destroyed or was darn close to destroying one of those with plans on a third. Now on top of that take into account that we are not just talking about magic but technology as well as an entirely unique type of magic that draws upon the souls and life force of mortals to devastating effect. To top it off there just happens to be a draught of vast power called believe it or not Space Mead that can be distilled from natives of Hyboria which just so happens to be in high demand. Next take a world where the factions in power all have the power to destroy their own world many times over thank their technology for that one which I have been studying which keeps them jockeying to try and find some other way to gain power. Than on top of that take another alien race that has subverted the only real religion which just so happens to be in possession of even greater technology and you might begin to understand why I have concern. Now what is really funny is that I have not even touched on the whole space time continuum issue and the fact that I and Dragonfirre may have been attempting to stop the Dreaming God and have failed a number of times but that I have managed each time before the end to ensure that we get another chance. As I have said before that Space Mead must indeed be some powerful stuff and then take the fact that most of my companions and not doubt almost all of my associates I am not sure really believe me. So while I have not begun to doubt my sanity I will admit I have begun with the exception of Slick Rick to become concerned about Dragonfirre. Since for the most part their lives have been pretty mundane by comparison and sadly with the exception of Slick Rick and the Associate they are all human and I fear my Mothers manipulations over the years have helped push him over the edge.

What am I do keep moving forward and acquiring the items of power that are on the list which have been confirmed by the Lamp of Al-Hazred which if it is to be believed is a alternate reality Stone of Tongues that was transformed into its current form to aid us this time around. I have deduced that it is perhaps indeed what it seems to be but I am not just going to let the Lightning Gun be assembled until I have made sure that it is the best choice to ensure the survival of if not all of the at least the heritage of Hyboria. Now strangely I have to mention that most of the natives of Emerald well with the exception of the plethora of aliens which I will not even get into for the moment are actually descended magic using giants and somehow there is also a large population of native Hyborians who happen to in a concentrated area on the Emerald. Once you add in the ghouls which believe it or not are perhaps soulless clones of which a group calling themselves Garbage who may be just the extra allies we have been looking for and might be starting to grasp the issues even surrounding our scavenger hunt for the items to forge the Lightning Gun which by the way is supposed to help us destroy the Dreaming God. Just for the record I have laid awake at night when I have not had the pleasure of orgasmic bliss to calm my mind wondering just who is actually dreaming.

Now putting all of that that aside we had been in search of the Orb of Sight and Dragonfirre as well as a number of our remaining living members of the Organization along with their leader Swami Donnie who survived the onslaught of a avatar of Dagon found ourselves on believe it or not another world which was probably more like a created magical Realm within the Orb. I was of course horny but not only that the events leading up to rejoining my companions had me aroused as well so of course I was distracted which was perhaps why I may have failed to make note of a few extra bits of information that are worth mentioning. There forest seemed to Slick Rick natural but there were no Fey creatures anywhere around. On top of that there were no horses well they were but they were if Leni was to be believed smaller then even ponies and useless for riding or labor. Instead they employed what he called swift oxen which were used to pull wagons which we could catch in the morning would be able to take us in the direction of the so called Duke. Now Leni claimed that Duke Miller had for what he could tell been in power of a little over seven years or so. Small facts perhaps but as I have learned mysteries are often solved or fail to be solved by either paying attention to or neglecting such facts. Of course as someone trained in deceiving and manipulating is was really just a matter of working in reverse.

So while it’s true I have a birthday coming up and actually if I were with my people it would be a really big thing my Becoming where I would be expected to officially declare my loyalties to either the Seelie or the Unseelie Courts. Now while that did not require me to swear allegiance to any noble since it was the dream of every Seelie and Unseelie to one day rule. I was expected to host a or have hosted an extravagant festival where I gathered my allies and even my enemies as a show of the strength I had acquired over the years and officially claim my Court swear an oath. Which really if you know anything about the culture you would realize what a joke the whole ceremony really is. So while I could feel the call of my Becoming within my fey blood and I actually believed the Courts to still exist I as yet had no way to return at least not yet. I was working on that problem but I also had a feeling that my allies might not be aware of the many changes that I had been going thru and if they would even understand if I tried to tell them. I had felt that I had weathered them quite well and sadly if I had to make my claim to a Court on that day it would be Unseelie.

No comments:

Post a Comment