Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chapter Thirty Seven : Death Of My Beloved Nialla or Rebirth Of My Cousin Symerria

As I look back on the events that so quickly transpired which with which my now God-Like intelligence allowed I tried my hardest to find joy amidst my despair. For was there a reason my Mother had never spoken of one of the loves of my life Nialla daughter of Hell did she know she was doomed to fall from grace to make way for another. Speaking of this other she was none other than Symerria daughter of the Nymph Arethusa a former mentor, lover and Aunt being the sister of my Mother. Might sound complicated I know but there were many reasons in my youth I had spent in the company of Arethusa but I totally missed the birth of her daughter perhaps with the help of my Mother. Now of course Symerria was a woman whose beauty far surpassed my own much like my sisters and Mother which was to be expected since she was a Sorceress who served the Angels or the Arch’s as they were sometimes called. Of course had she just showed up to help us I would have been of course more than a little jealous but also happy to have another Fey among us. Well much to my despair that was not how she showed up and how I realized my Mother was involved. For in the morning after our battle with the Gog as was my practice I had risen to prepare a meal for Nialla and the others and in that short time my beloved was taken from me. She had decided to step outside and since she was well within the range of my Mindsight and of course Scrounger had been with her which mean I had not worried even less so when Vadania had walked out behind her. Suddenly she and Scrounger were just gone and before I could even make a move to the door there was a bright glow and Vadania was calling in my mind we were under attack. It was of course Vadania overreacting but then I beheld why as I looked upon one of the most beautiful Fey women I had ever seen. I had also noticed two things at the same moment Scrounger had returned but without Nialla and he claimed he had a new Master whom he trusted as well as the new arrival was invisible to my Mindsight. Even Slick Rick while unaffected by her charms was giving her a look of approval meanwhile my anger started to boil within me and she was about to meet Widow Maker if she did not have some really good answers as to who she was and what had happened to my Nialla. I was actually shocked speechless as she had informed me that she had been the soul trapped within the Soul Gem. Then continued on and informed me that she was Symerria daughter of the Nymph Arethusa and bid me greetings from my Mother speaking my Fey name Ali’Ama Er’Odar as a final stamp of her truth. For she had managed with those words to disarm me and while it was not really that simple we had moved on as we still had work to do. We had descended down into library and proceeded into the room beyond where we faced vile Oozes, nefarious Elementals, and a Mummy Magi as well sentient Vermin intent on protecting the items we sought. In the end we were of course victorious and the items we discovered placed us ever closer to our goal the details of which as well as other important facts I shall reveal.

On the morning after putting down the Gog being already awake I had taken upon myself to prepare a morning meal for everyone. The Brownies and Bugbears now seemed to measure around three hundred plus and were indeed laying siege to the former warehouse of the Winter provider not that I was bothered. Which was how I had ended up not at Nialla’s side when she rose and walked outside with Vadania in like a lovesick puppy? My unseen shadow lover was helping me prepare while keeping me occupied in other pleasurable ways as well which was why I had decided to simply let Vadania keep an eye on her. I had not expected to suddenly lose her as well as her friend and familiar Scrounger from my Mindsight. It was as if they were just gone without a trace and I called to the mind of Vadania asking her what was going on but the shock overwhelmed her and she did not answer and then there was a blinding light outside. As Clean Eugene had vanished as the sun rose Mickey the Torch was alas still missing which left Slick Rick, Lucky Ron and Swami Donnie aware of what transpired next. But first Vadania called out into my mind that she was in danger and under attack and Slick Rick and Lucky Ron quickly moved for the door. I left my unseen shadow lover behind for my actual lover was nowhere to be found which I relayed to everyone and suddenly Scrounger was back. Slick Rick arrived at the door and informed me that Vadania seemed to be having trouble with four bow wielding Brownies which he quickly repelled by moving the very earth they stood on away from us. Only one of them had managed to avoid the fate of the earth move but he wisely chose to run off and join his friends and leave us to our own business. Meanwhile Vadania looked a little odd and seemed to be in awe and said she had been poisoned and Slick Rick as I would have expected told her the truth “Quit embarrassing yourself and cure yourself.” As I arrived at the door after Lucky Ron who seemed to be watching something of interest as well I had already had a conversation with Scrounger. I had asked him what happened and he told me that Nialla had gone to the Hells and that the woman he was with now was his new master and that he trusted her. Well I didn’t and I mentally pulled Widow Maker from it holster placed in my hand which I glamored so it was invisible and was ready to blow her head off for whatever she had done to my beloved Nialla. I looked upon the stranger and it was like walking into the Feywild such was her beauty which was breathtaking and I realized I would be needing a new name of course I allowed her to live. I the moments as I looked upon her I knew now why Vadania stood in awe for she had never likely seen anyone with such an exquisite and nearly flawless form. I had of course she looked just like my Sisters not that it mattered and she was speaking Sidhelien or what some might have heard as Fey which I set aside and removed the glamour around my face and said in common who are you and what have you done with Nialla for her mind was still clouded from me. She had answered that her name was Symerria daughter of Nymph Arethusa and then continued Ali’Ama Er’Odar you Mother bids you well. She had continued that she was sent her to help me and Dragonfirre. My mind had already put it together but my emotions were trying to not let it be so as I had continued. What happened to Nialla I had asked my heart already broken? She had responded that she had been lost as she had reentered this dimension. Meanwhile Vadania who had indeed cured herself came closer and bowed at Symerria’s feet as if in worship of her or awaiting her bidding like a thrall. Lucky Ron had told her to get up and that she was embarrassing herself again but his words fell upon deaf ears. Slick Rick had asked me telepathically what had happened and my mind went clinical as I confirmed for him my fears. I informed him that Symerria was indeed a Half-Nymph and was not doubt the good spirit trapped in Nialla evil Soul Gem. I had continued to let him know that the holy magic of Clean Eugene had trapped both of their souls in the Gem and that somehow the Arch’s she served had sent Nialla to the Hells and returned Symerria who no doubt had been trapped in the very same hell plane not doubt for eons. Which I related I knew since I knew her Mother and she had spoken my Fey name as well as given a greeting from my Mother which unless she was perhaps the greatest trickster next to Loki she had been told would placate me which meant she was on the level but Nialla for now was lost to me. Symerria’s greeting to Slick Rick had involved the mention of her Father a human Druid named Garrick a name known to me whom Slick Rick seemed to be aware of as well. Symerria had continued to tell us that Nialla was even now taking her place on the fifth plane of Hell where she planned to turn things around. Slick Rick and Lucky Ron were not so easily swayed and nor was I but I realized that cousin had indeed arrived. I also came to the conclusion that I was going to need a new name for it was in insult to Symerria to even call myself beautiful, not that I couldn’t but then you would have to come up with an even more deserving word for Fey allure and grace. As we started to head inside even Slick Rick made note that she would need to do something about her appearance and I could tell even he was aroused and as she started to join us she had said she was unable. I asked Scrounger mentally if he would catch her up and even spoke aloud to Symerria if she was caught up and she confirmed that she was and that what Nialla had known she knew. What was of course sad was that Vadania had not moved from her prostrate position on the ground and even though I has asked her to get up she did not move until Symerria gave her leave to do so. I took the time to inform Slick Rick of my new abilities including why I was not the least bit concerned about the siege since my powers had grown and I could now Shadow Walk us anywhere on this dimension I needed with ease and the look of approval he gave me was perhaps the highlight of my day.

We did not waste time as Lucky Ron was eager to get underway and only asked if our new arrival would delay us at which point the two of them began a discussion on the nature of her abilities which from what I heard were indeed along the lines of Sorcery. I almost broke into tears when Symerria handed me Death Dealer the customized pistol that was the model upon which Widow Maker had been based. She told me about her Vow of Poverty which would not allow her to wield or own such a valuable possession. I looked at the weapon that had last been wielded and even repaired by my beloved Nialla and realized that my heart had indeed been broken not once but twice. For in a span of less than five days I had lost not only the Associate but my Dirty Anna as well each of which I might never see again. The new arrivals Vadania and Symerria I realized might very well be better pieces on the game we played even wildcards which I could harness to our mutual advantage but try telling my broken heart that. I knew now was not the time for I had been brought up to be able to put aside my feelings and so I did as I gave Death Dealer and the extra ammunition to Vadania who I knew would die to protect Symerria and with that we headed to the Library to see what new vile evil creatures the Dreaming God Cthulhu had to throw at us.

We had arrived at the inner door of the Library and Swami Donnie and Scrounger once again took up there door opening duties. Symerria it seemed was true to her word but I did have to admit she seemed to indeed have full knowledge of what we were doing which told me perhaps she had not been so dormant in the soul crystal after all. I could not ignore her beauty as it easier to ignore by Aphrodite the Sun or the Moon and the fact that she was my cousin would not normally cause me to doubt my intents for her lovely perfect flawless body and I assure you a few choice sexual tortures reminiscent of my time with the Cult of Loki kept distracting me. For beauty or no she had cost me my beloved Nialla and I detected the subtle arts of my Mother and I could care less about the planes of Law be they Arch’s or Devils screw them all. Nialla had once asked me why I trusted the Demons and had learned Abyssal years before Celestial or Infernal and I had told her with the Demons you knew they could turn on you at any moment but woe to those that trusted the Arch’s or the Devils for they always had some plan of their own devising which made them me far more insidious than any Beguiler I could ever think of. Well I had been correct of course and when I looked at my cousin Symerria who had bound Scrounger to her and with the blessings granted from her Sacred Vow all I wanted to do was tie her up and let her feel my pain. For I had lost not only my Associate/ Alex but my Dirty Anna/ Nialla and while I put up a firm front and kept my mind focused on the task at hand before us as I had been taught my anger was growing and becoming a fever which was inflaming my vices and my mind was focusing on Lust, Avarice, Vanity, and Wrath and woe to anyone who stood in my way. I knew my face was steeling and become hard even perhaps cold a look I had practiced but now it was not just a look I placed on my face to instill confidence or instill fear but my natural state. I still had my friends and I knew Slick Rick would look over me as I had asked him to do and I would remain true to the mission but I felt hollow inside for what was there now for me. I realized I had found my new name which fit this new time and world now that there was one among us who more fit the title of Beauty my name would become what I would hold onto the love of Aphrodite for I knew she would always love me I would become Faith. Lucky Ron it seemed had decided he would go in first as he was not our front line and while I had discussed casting a haste Symerria had spoken and informed us she could cast the spell as well and even included that her spells were divine focused and would not harm those who were good who were caught in her offensive spells. More a warning I am sure not that I really cared about her but I of course filled it away in order to be aware of how she might help Dragonfirre. I asked for a moment to prepare and Lucky Ron asked if there were any spells I knew that could protect him and informed him there were and even asked Vadania and Slick Rick if they could assist. Soon Lucky Ron was protected by magics of Nature, Sorcery and Divine and he was ready. Slick Rick had even given him two extra arms and the Lucky Ron opened the door and danced through the threshold into the chamber beyond. I had of course cast arcane sight as well as barkskin upon myself and with the greater mage armor spell as well as my magic tattoos I was as ready myself as I could become before combat actually commenced. We all followed into the room that was overlaid from ceiling to floor in what looked to be reflective gold leaf and the room was filled with braziers, ornate book shelves and directly ahead a large square crystal which I could tell contained magic. As we all had entered with Slick Rick holding back and Vadania assuming her enlarged form I had cast about with my Mindsight and found what I expected to find several elements each in a brazier and two air spirits and even an Undead near the black crystal. For a moment they let us advance as I had informed the other of what I had learned which included of course Scrounger for it was not his fault that Nialla had been betrayed and if he chose to inform Symerria so be it. I felt it was about time she endured a little pain and I felt it would do her some good and perhaps save me the trouble of having to do it myself. As expected the creatures let us advance fully into the room before the sprung to the attack quite literally for the elementals from within the braziers literally stretched their black amorphous bodies creating limbs with which the struck us. Meanwhile the two wind spirits near the crystal struck us with buffets of the pure impactful forces of the very air itself. There leader than rose and I could see she was indeed a Mummy of some kind dark and magical. Symerria was faster than me and had cast her haste spell before mine which was fine my me since it left me with other options which I took in the form of a mass suggestion spell to cause all of the creature in the room to ignore our presence. I had affected a few of the black globs and even an air spirit but my success was short lived as the Mummy who finally able to see clearly was wearing an ornate golden crown as she raised her hand then began to cast and within moments she had dispelled my control over her minions. Well alright I realized it was going to be like that and I set myself and prepared to begin a whole new game for I had Faith that she was going down and the items within the black crystal she was protecting would soon belong to Dragonfirre.

Events in the battle happened quickly with Slick Rick calling upon the lightning at his command after shifting into a mighty four armed ape, Lucky Ron moving like a mad dervish with a purpose using his Katana literally singing as he laid into the dark creatures who opposed us destroying them and leaving nothing but organs behind. While Vadania had moved forward to protect Symerria and even rushed the Mummy her sword crackling with lightning. Meanwhile Symerria has started to cast bolts of fire and even her divine sparked spells in an impressive magical onslaught against the Mummy and her two air spirits. Swami Donnie had even brought his psychic powers to bear against our foes and I had to admit he was getting more skilled by the day. There came a moment when the shape shifting black globs began to engulf my companions first Vadania, then Slick Rick and finally even Symerria. I had in the interim cast a displacement spell to give me better cover against just such a tactic and had already readied a plan to give us the tactical advantage we needed. My next move was then to cast a shadow dimension step which would allow all of my allies to teleport to the full extent of their movement instantly. My knowledge of the arcane as well as my connection to the Plane of Shadow had strengthened and it was high time to begin flexing some magical muscle. Those that were trapped were freed and while I had needed to cast the spell again for good tactical advantage since the black globs were if nothing else persistent soon they were all put down. Vadania had been held fast and only Lucky Ron’s timely arrival had saved her life and with the aid of my spell she been able to shadow walk to my side as I had instructed her where I could protect her. For good measure I had even cast a shadow lightning bolt while I had continued to allow Widow Maker to deal death to those that had opposed us. Symerria had with her magics managed to put the Mummy down but a creature composed of a swarm of insects reformed and continued had prepared itself to attack. We were close with the new arrival having no minions left alive when suddenly Symerria had cast a divine ray of light that was somehow perverted and literally drained her own life force and she fell to the ground her spell revived the Mummy which had previously been dust. I of course had it under control and broke the hold upon Vadania and I was thankful that Slick Rick who had also been held had broken free on his own and then using my the power of my Dimension Stride Boots teleported to my cousins side and using the power of my Healing Belt revived her placing my hand on her ample bosom and calling the magic forth. I had looked back and saw Vadania moving forward to continue healing Symerria and I looked down at her and could only think she did not know how lucky she really was for if she had not been my cousin in addition to having gained the favor of my Mother and now a valuable member of Dragonfirre I would have let her die which would have suited me fine after all Vadania or Slick Rick could raise her and we would see just how powerful her Arch protectors really were. She of course rose and without so much as a thank you which I did not expect or want from her anyway dimension hopped closer to the risen Mummy and started to launch more fire bolts. The Mummy had of course had enough and my arcane sight let me realize she had just cast a teleportation spell and was by now far gone and beyond our reach. I informed everyone the battle was over and it was time to collect what we came for and Swami Donnie and I began our search of the area in earnest now that guardians had been dispatched or fled.

We were able to determine that what we sought was buried within the black crystal and was composed of a book and a sealed scroll tube and only need to devise a way to free them. Swami Donnie had volunteered to crack the black crystal with the powers of his mind and I he had informed me he was unsure if it was a full proof plan but was willing to try. I was a good thought but I had of course a better one which would serve to protect our prize as well as liberate it. Swami Donnie seemed to think I would not be able to do but really I had called myself a Brain before I no longer lacked any Faith in myself and I approached the crystal and cast a shadow force chest around the items and then summoned a vile Earth Shadow Elemental to move through the earthen crystal and come out the other side with my force chest. I had also set a telepathic trigger and I informed the others that it was dove just in case during the next twelve days of its existence they needed go gain access to the books or the scroll by opening the force chest. It was over in moments and I realized we had just located a good number of the spells we needed for our battle against the Dreaming God and believe it or not I once again had to Red Menace to thank. Which was something I intended with eager anticipation to do with my thrall in Ringtown before we left this dimension of course. I already knew since she had spoken it aloud during the battle that Symerria had expended a large complement of her magical power and even Vadania mentioned that she had during the hectic but brief battle extended herself and was mystically exhausted. Which meant since it was still early morning we could take a break if they needed and resume our assault on the self named Cave of Despair in perhaps eight to nine hours. I would only need two at best to fully restore myself which I realized would give me plenty to time to explore the spell book and scroll as well as perhaps even get to know Lucky Ron little better who had caught sight of my tattoos and inquired about their power so I could tell he wanted one and I was actually in the mood to give him one perhaps of course with a few conditions.

Dragonfirre was of course victorious and now we had one more sub-basement to explore and no doubt another fresh batch of guardians to face. Vadania was still following Symerria around like a puppy dog and even Slick Rick was still giving her the eye well whatever let them drool and dream to their hearts content perhaps she would even relent and sate her sexual needs with them. I had plans on Lucky Ron for I just knew as soon as Clean Eugene who I had last seen passing out at the sight of Symerria before he had vanished I knew would be instantly smitten. So I would see if Lucky Ron had the same needs an almost every man I had ever met or if he beyond such things if so I still had my shadow lovers but did not want to lose contact with my friends whose minds I now dwarfed. I knew for sure I had no good desires for Vadania and Symerria but they were both valuable additions to Dragonfirre and so I would tolerate them perhaps even try to befriend them. Would I inform my dear cousin of our connection perhaps not she was lucky to still be alive after what had happened to Nialla. So I knew I would need the help of Aphrodite with that which was why I would now be calling myself Faith for there was not need to try and fool myself and call myself that anymore since the arrival of Symerria. How was I dealing now with the loss of both of my beloved former companions well let’s not go into that for the time being. I planned to do my best to stay focused on the mission lest my feelings allow me to do something I might regret. So alright that was not true at all more like I did not want to do anything that might cause my remaining friends to ever want to turn away from me. I was now truly feeling the weight of the situation that Dragonfirre and I had been placed in and while I would not give up on love perhaps it was time to embrace my immoral and hedonistic nature and come to terms with the facts that if the ones I loved were taken from me then to love the ones who served me. I have Faith in Aphrodite and my future wherever it leads and by her love I know we will prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment