Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chapter Thirty Eight : Yet Even More Mythos Minions or Becoming Even More Ruthless

Well our little foray into the last sub-basement which led into the Cave of Despair was actually something I welcomed for it mirrored the state of my heart. Eight hours had passed since our meeting with the Mummy Guardian and Symerria and Vadania were both rested. Lucky Ron and I had spent a little quality time while they had rested that was of course disturbed by the so called siege of the Mansion of the Winter Provider and a few of the Count’s made men. Which forced me to stay on my guard while Swami Donnie had rested to restore his own energies and I had even taken an hour to do the same after I had summoned shadow servants to keep an eye on every entrance of course. Mickey the Torch had not yet returned to us nor had Clean Eugene and even Slick Rick had vanished as well. Which told me that since due to word from the Count’s made men we were running out of time to either acquire what we needed and leave or otherwise be prepared to deal with them since they seemed to want to lay claim to not only the Mansion of the Winter Provider but everything within it. Not that I was overly concerned since I knew we had a way out which they had no knowledge but time was working against me. So we had prepared as well as we could and began our descent in the Cave of Despair. I was still going by Beauty since it seemed that Symerria chose to still call me by that name and so I decided to go with it and it had actually warmed me toward her since I had had to time for my emotions to catch up to my brain and come to terms with the fact that it had not been her fault. The cave had been dark, damp as well as slippery but my magics allowed us to transverse it without any difficulty. We encountered Flying Polyps, Enlightened Ghouls and even a Minor Shoggoth which had tried to keep us from our goal. Vadania who was still sadly worshipping Symerria had even almost died. I will admit my mind had settled with the aid of my friends of which I even now counted Vadania, Symerria even Swami Donnie but Lust, Avarice, Vanity, and Wrath were just waiting to be unleashed and I am thankful to Aphrodite that I was able to find release. Looking back I realize I may have surprised some of my companions with my dramatic turn and even at moments brutally honest statements but they had gained a glimpse into my Unseelie upbringing. I had thought I had abandoned those ways but it seemed they were just waiting to resurface and without anyone to truly love I knew it would be a battle to contain that darkness but I shall reveal how this came about so all will become clear.

To begin it had been a close battle but we had achieved yet another objective on our list to construct the Lightning Gun which we were to eventually us to put a stop to the so called Dreaming God called Cthulhu. Where did that leave us well it left us with two magically exhausted beautiful women who needed to rest and no I was actually not one of them. Actually Vadania and Symerria had both exhausted themselves during our encounter with the Mummy and her minions. Meanwhile Mickey the Torch and Clean Eugene were still missing and Slick Rick soon joined them which left us three operatives down. For the love of Aphrodite whatever was going on was really starting to get on my nerve. I will admit I have always realized that for our mission to succeed it would rely on my intellect and not my looks or truly the efforts of Dragonfirre. It was apparent to me that the reason I needed Dragonfirre was to keep myself in check so that I did not become worse than the very chaotic force we were trying to destroy. On might think that I could be overestimating my abilities and perhaps I might be but that is for others to determine once they have gained the intellect or the insight to understand my motives and the full extent of my abilities. That being said Swami Donnie seemed to need a little rest as well and Symerria retired to one of the upstairs bedrooms with Vadania following right behind her and what a vision they made together. For while Symerria like many members of my family redefined the concept of beauty so much so that I had even been considering changing my name from Beauty the Brain to Faith and Vadania’s beauty was a stark contrast to her berating personality but it had been growing on me. I will admit for a few moments I was envious of Vadania getting the chance to sleep with Symerria but I could tell from her actions that she hoped that they were only going to share the room together which was something that Symerria even commented on which was actually quite humorous to me at the time. I had decided to summon my shadow servants to keep watch on the entrances since I had noticed since arriving here that a number of beings I had encountered including Symerria seemed to have the ability to either mislead or even cloak themselves from my Mindsight so I was not going to rely on it for our security. As Vadania began her four hour rest cycle and Symerria her eight I was taking the time to size up Lucky Ron who I had felt I had been neglecting long enough and if all went well I would soon have relieved a little fatigue of my own.

Once the others had settled in Lucky Ron had begun to discuss the magical tattoos that I had been inscribing on myself and in the past on by departed Nialla. He had inquired about my ability to place the tattoos and how they worked as well as how long they lasted and I had let him know they lasted twenty four hours and enhance his physical combat skills as well as his overall resistance. I of course informed him it would be my pleasure to place them upon him each day if he so desired. He was of course eager to receive the enchantments and as my shadow servants removed my clothing and armor I had told him excellent and to strip for I needed to place the tattoos on his chest and back. After stripping I was of course more comfortable but of course I realized that thanks to the arrival of the nearly for most mortals stunning beauty of Symerria which I am sure would leave most of this dimension awestruck I knew my beauty would now go unnoticed. Which I was actually comfortable with for with her breathtaking body around to distract our foes I no longer needed to be the charmer and I could therefore focus on my more carnal desires and while I realized that might cause me to appear to some as a more ruthless individual the reality was this mission had already cost me two lovers dear to my heart and it was high time for me to begin getting my revenge on the minions of the Dreaming God. I found great pleasure in straddling Lucky Ron’s firm and athletic body first his back and then his chest as I applied the magics upon him and while I had left it to him to take me if he so wished for the pleasure of placing the spells were enough to bring orgasmic surges throughout my entire body he neglected to do so. I was a little sad for the wasted opportunity but I also needed to rest to restore my own energy and I figured we had plenty of time after I awoke as I only needed one hour of rest. I felt confident when my familiar Angelica woke me but I was a little upset for she informed me of strange sounds that were emanating from outside. So as I rose I could see that Lucky Ron was waiting for me and was already moving toward the window. From what I could make out something had changed the Brownies looked fearful and there seemed to be an air of oppression in the air. I would soon find out that the Count’s made men no doubt Vampires or some other Mindless Minion who seemed to literally scare the assembled army to death. Lucky Ron always the gambler opened the door and motioned to the Concierge Shrimpy to whom we had spoken before to come over as it seemed as if they were perhaps getting ready to begin an assault at any moment. We were also able to notice that the trees in the distance of their seemed to have little birds in them and to be honest on second glace to determine that they were actually bats. Shrimpy walked over and I let Lucky Ron know to go ahead and speak for us and I would be ready to back him up if necessary. Shrimpy it seemed to be scared and as Lucky Ron pressed the point of our truce and Shrimpy let us know that the Count’s men had arrived and taken over the siege. Which in other words meant that we no longer needed Shrimpy and Lucky Ron informed him that perhaps he should have one of them come forward for he thought we had a deal but if we needed to renegotiate than they should come forward if they wished to avoid violence. Lucky Ron also asked me to wake the others just in case and so I concentrated my will on my shadow servants to rouse them as well as informing them with telepathy of course I needed to inform Scrounger who would have to fill in Symerria. I basically informed them that the guard had changed and we were going to be speaking with the new management and we had wanted them to be aware just in case things became hostile although I doubted that they would. Symerria insisted on coming down which meant Vadania followed and once again the vision they struck together was quite provocative. Only Swami Donnie took my advice and continued to rest but I could tell at a moment’s notice he could be ready to react which worked perfectly for me. It was only a few moments before a figure seemed to form from with the ranks of the assembled Host he was large wore chainmail and as I expected he either had no mind or it was shielded as I had suspected which of course meant I had a feeling our conversation was going to be an interesting one.

The Counts made man who seemed to instill fear in all of those assembled around the mansion had walked up with unearthly grace and of course no mind to speak of. He introduced himself as Lord Crux and asked if he could step inside and Lucky Ron had stopped him letting him know we were under a truce and for now we should talk at the door and he seemed reluctant but agreed. I stood at Lucky Ron’s side to support him and I noticed that Symerria and Vadania had arrived and I realized I really needed to make Symerria some new cloths not that didn’t look hot in her wrap but who can blame me for wanting to strip her lovely and seductive body of those cloths and dress her in more formal attire. After all there was such a thing as standing out and while I looked forward to the distraction I was sure would follow her wherever we went conformity would help to build on the strength of Dragonfirre or even our current alias the Limited Enforcers. Crux had meanwhile started to explain that he felt that perhaps there might have been a misunderstanding and that when Shrimpy had informed us that we had until tonight to clear out what he should have informed us was that not only was his Master laying claim to the Winter Providers mansion but also everything within it three basements as well. He honestly seemed to be looking for a way to avoid a confrontation and even went so far as to explain that since he believed were already clearing out the basements that there might be a little wiggle room on what he would allow us to leave with. That was of course he implied if we wished to continue the state of our truce and avoid any unnecessary conflict in the near future. He had continued to speak on the matter of the lives of the former inhabitants and their fate and Lucky Ron had moved to quickly and informed him that all that were inside were already dead. Well that was the stroke that almost broke up the negotiations for while Lucky Ron had tried to recover Crux no doubt felt that if we had shown no quarter to the Winter Provider could our word really be trusted. Lucky Ron even tried to delay stating we could talk again but Crux had started to turn and exclaimed then perhaps it will have to be the hard way after all. Which was my time to act I smoothly convinced Crux to hold for a moment informing him we truly preferred a peaceful relationship with the Count and that our issues with the Winter Provider had been personal not business. In addition the fate of the Winter Provider had not yet been truly determined for at least two of their number still resided within Ringtown and while we were indeed looking for something once we were done looking it might very well be in the Count’s best interest for us to speak again. I even gave my word that we would inform them before we left and after all where could we really go after all and he had looked me up and down and agreed. As he had departed and we shut the door Lucky Ron had looked at me and looked at me and said how did you do that you only just said what I had already said, it must be that you are a woman. I merely smiled at him and looked to the others and said perhaps or you I might have only been waiting for you to soften him up before I closed the deal.

As Symerria had started back upstairs I had stopped Vadania before she could follow and asked her for a moment before she retired. I don’t know what had come over me for while I had intended to eloquently try and dissuade her from following Symerria around what I actually said was actually what had really been on my mind. I actually surprised myself for I had told her basically what an idiot I believed she was being not only for following her around but that her actions were starting to bring her sanity and intelligence into question. Even Swami Donnie had woke up as he had heard me tell her off and while I had follow up with an sincere apology she had seemed to take my comments in stride. Swami Donnie had of course taken another moment to confirm that I had really just said what I had just said and I smiled at him and said it happens. Vadania it seemed actually preferred someone being bluntly honest with her but that she still felt that Symerria was an Avatar sent from the Gods for how else could she possess such beauty and grace. I had even tried to explain to her that she looked just like many members of my family but being the outsider that I knew she was she would not hear me so I had moved on. I had continued on and removed my spellstaff within which I had placed a shadow walk spell and informed her that I wished her to hold it for me for if something happened to me and they needed to withdraw she or Symerria I was sure could use it open a gateway into the Plane of Shadow to travel to Ringtown. I decided to communicate with Vadania telepathically and asked her to ask Symerria if she was alright or if she needed anything. Or shall I say that’s what I recall for when Vadania had asked her the question she had of course said one of our companions instead of posing the question from herself as I had implied. Lucky Ron had started to smile for he realized that of course it would be obvious who had asked the question as there were only three of us in the room and he knew it was not himself and was not doubt pretty sure it was not Swami Donnie. When Symerria had answered Vadania by basically telling her she could tell Beauty that she was fine and it alright for her to ask me questions directly. I will admit for a moment my anger wanted to flair at Vadania’s inability to complete a simple request but the sound of Symerria’s voice calling me Beauty which seemed to hold just a hint of sexual innuendo had caused me to change my mind. Lucky Ron had spoke to me telepathically and asked me if I had a problem speaking to her and I said no it was just that her mind was shielded and it was easier to communicate by mind than speech. He of course valued my telepathic gifts but he let me know that speaking was still something he felt was necessary and so I relented. What came out of my mouth though was more like a curse as I gazed upon Symerria and I spoke of how sometimes I hated my Mother for having done many of the things she had done. For of course it was not Symerria’s fault that she had been trapped for millennia in a hellish soul crystal only able to live vicariously through my beloved Nialla with whom I had shared many a erotic moment which she may have very well witnessed perhaps even experienced. So I therefore endeavored to treat her better for after all she was my cousin after all and she deserved better. I should have been celebrating her release from imprisonment instead of treating her with what could only seen as callous distain. So I had smiled at her sincerely and told her I did not blame her and that I was glad that she was free and had joined us. She and Vadania went back to continue their rest cycle while Lucky Ron and I went back to for all intents and proposes watch duty for after the change of the guard we both realized it would not be wise to not stay alert. How I envied Vadania and what a waste for I was pretty sure that she was just going to rest up there and not even comfort Symerria much less herself since she was such a stuck up and conceited misguided prude. I also began to think of how I would celebrate Symerria’s liberation perhaps with a celebration worthy of a member of the Fey Summer Court back in Ringtown before we left to return to Hyboria.

Once everyone was once again awake and refreshed we all knew it was time to descend into the final basement into what I had come to call the Cave of Despair. Lucky Ron it seemed has still looked a little concerned about what we would have to deal with once we were done. I will admit I like that about always the officer thinking ahead and looking out for our well being. So as I had planned to do I made sure everyone was aware of my spell staff which held a shadow walk spell which was our ticket out of her even if I were in a worse scenario fall in the coming battle or be too exhausted to cast the spell. Lucky Ron I could tell was now relieved as he now realized why I had not been worried about how we could avoid the massing army outside and I reminded him that within moments and a short walk thru the Plane of Shadow we would be back in Ringtown celebrating our success. We wasted no time descending into the lower chamber where the dark Cave of Despair laid in wait for us. Before we entered Lucky Ron had of course asked for any spells that might strengthen him before we entered and Vadania placed a shield of faith upon him and I placed a barkskin upon him as well as myself as the duration for each spell was hours it was the best we could offer until were engaged. Lucky Ron took point with Vadania and Swami Donnie following with me left to watch Swami Donnie’s cute ass and Vadania in a position to protect Symerria. Darkness enveloped us an all consuming darkness and I soon realized I was the only one able to see and as I had asked Lucky Ron if he could see he informed me would need light. The floor was slippery and I realized that if one was not careful one could easily fall into whatever lay in wait below. I noticed that Vadania had cast an air walk spell so she I could tell would have no worries and after casting a spider climb spell upon myself had followed by casting the same spell on Lucky Ron and Swami Donnie. I looked to the graceful Fey Symerria and I asked her if she needed assistance with the cave and when she said she would I moved toward her and placed my hand on her breast and smiled at her and told her it would be my pleasure. I then followed up with summoning glowing orbs of light which I could control to bring light up to a thirty foot radius. I used my mage hand amulet to convey an orb to everyone’s hand and gave them the commands necessary to control them and while I could control them at range and did not really even need the light it’s always best to be prepared. Symerria had seemed reluctant at first to take the orb as I could tell she wondered if it held value and I informed her it was an item I had created with simple magic and was free and to not worry but I could tell she was concerned. She also took a moment to thank me for saving her from death earlier that day and while I had brushed it off in truth it had touch my heart more deeply than I had let on. I put my feelings aside and drove my mind to the harsh point as I became one with the darkness and prepared myself. For I knew what stood before us would not just hand over what we needed and it might take every trick and ploy I could muster to ensure our victory but that is the job I was born for after all and I was more than ready.

The cave was at least eight feet wide and even seemed as tall as if made by some huge beast and as we had moved in we were in not danger of falling down the slope and had light if my companions needed it so I felt secure the only problem I knew was the noise. I had never realized just how loud my companions were and I realized I was once again thinking of my former friend and confidant known as Associate. For I had learned to play hide and seek in conditions such as this my Mother telling me at the time that is was a gift of the Gods that needed to be kept secret instead of the truth which she wished to keep hidden. For the shadows were like the water a second home to me but secrets I still kept from almost all of companions. So was not surprised when after sixty feet into the cave after it had turned I felt the minds of several aberrations know as Polyps and no sooner had I given warning we were under. Within moments one creature had flown up and engaged Lucky Ron first blowing a cone of solid wind that buffeted us all with deadly force and then creating tentacles from it body and lashing into him like a mad sadist with a cold iron tip. Another flew up and past him to engage Vadania while yet a third moved up on Swami Donnie. Three others waited still behind them and I could tell they were getting ready to engage us as well. Vadania was lashed without mercy and a lesser woman I know would have fallen, cried or even fled but she was true to her faith and stood her ground giving Symerria the chance to cast her haste spell. While Swami Donnie was not as fortunate for while he was serving his propose giving me cover so that I could assess the situation he was overwhelmed by the Polyp and fell before me he body flayed like a soul trapped in the Abyss but I could tell he was still alive. Lucky Ron attacked the Polyp on him with a vengeance whirling like deadly dancer but I could tell these creatures were not just going to lay down for us which was fine by me for I welcomed the chance to unleash my Wrath. I cast a displacement spell upon myself which I knew would give me an added advantage and unleashed a shadow fireball in the midst of the three waiting to back up the fellow Polyps. In the next moment as I had expected I was under attack and the assault was a impressive as I had expected by my Fey gifts and my displacement spell kept me mostly protected but I will admit I was surprised it had attacked me for did it not really realize that I was Beauty the Brain and that soon it and its Master whoever that might be would soon fall before the combined might Dragonfirre. Perhaps not I realized and so I realized it was time to show them just who they were dealing with. The others did not fail me Symerria began to unleash holy magics which along with my own ripped two of the Polyps apart. I had weakened them all with a mass whelm spell with the exception of one that had managed to resist not only my fireball but my whelm as well. I also realized it was time to show these creatures what a true acrobat was capable of for while I had been pressed to cast while under attack that would not last long for I tumbled up and back using the walls and my spider climbing ability to distance myself from the Polyp so I could regroup and summon backup of my own which took form of three Fire Vampires but who were in reality Black Unicorns. It took me another moment while the others held their own to cast a haste upon my Unicorns and send them forward into the fray to help heal Vadania. The Polyps it seemed also called backup which arrived in the form of intelligent magic using ghouls who began to light up Symerria with magic missiles and I could see she was not happy about it and soon unleashed a fireball upon the that dispatched them all with ease for while I had already softened them with a shadow fireball of my own I try to give credit where its due. Meanwhile Vadania mindless of her own danger had healed Swami Donnie who became stable and even Lucky Ron but left nothing for herself and paid the price. For the Polyp that had been on her as well as the one that had been on me ignored Swami Donnie and they double teamed her literally ripping her limb from limb it was almost hypnotic and again she did not scream only looked at them in defiance as she fell seemingly to her death for while my Unicorns or Star Vampires take your pick had healed her the Polyps were stronger than I had anticipated not that I was worried. Why worry my Mother had always told me remain calm seek your center and act, so that’s what I did by informing everyone thru my mind link and told Scrounger to inform Symerria that I was preparing to fall back strategically in order to save Vadania. The only hold out was from Lucky Ron who I could tell was angered that his foe still stood before him. So after he had dispatched it I called upon my powers over shadow and cast a regroup spell that called all of my allies back to me and I pressed my Unicorns to channel all of the healing power at their command into her shredded flesh while using my Healing Belt as I placed my hands on her beautiful breast as they reformed and even calling a potion of healing and bring it to her mouth with power of my Amulet of the Mage I brought her back to life before her soul could begin its journey away from us. I knew the others Lucky Ron and Swami Donnie not longer doubted me but I could see that Symerria was indeed impressed. I will admit many of the tactics I was using were coming to me as I worked and I had noticed before I had cast my regroup spell that Lucky Ron had been struck by a huge tentacle which I could tell was attached to yet another intelligent creature which turned out to be a weaker form of Shoggoth. Vadania wasted no time rose healed Lucky Ron, herself and summoned a Celestial Griffin which took the form of a huge single horned bear to protect our flank. I knew the odds were slim for the plan I concocted to succeed but I figured with Lucky Ron on my side as my good lucky sexual charm I would act and as he was fond of saying hold nothing back. So I cast a hold monster on the one of the remaining Polyps which was held fast as Vadania’s Griffin and Lucky Ron took out the last free Polyp. I then sent two of my Unicorns to hold the passage as I had a feeling the Shoggoth would try and advance while sending third to dispatch the last Polyp. So alright perhaps I had said that very same day that I would do my best to stop just killing our enemies without giving them a chance to resist but I also had told them that when it’s a matter of my life or theirs for the greater good I would embrace my darkness and seek atonement for my actions later. The Shoggoth tried to interrupt and save its last minion but my Unicorns served their purpose and held it off and I could see that Lucky’s luck was with us. So I figured why not go for broke what did we have to lose and I summoned forth my Shadow Fey Legion of Sentinels which appeared wearing the Fey armor of my honor guard wielding magical blades and began to rip into the Shoggoth fully blocking it approach. What happened next I realize happened so quick the others barely had time to even register for I then cast a hold monster upon the Shoggoth and he was mine held and easy prey for my avenging Unicorns to dispatch. I knew the odds were against their success but I would have to kiss Lucky Ron later for as fate would have it the Shoggoth wailed and collapsed and I felt it’s mind die.

I looked to the others and I was able to still see Vadania’s holy weapon floating in the air, my Unicorns had returned to my side and my Fey Legion still stood at attention ready to obey my commands. The others were sort of looking at me in shock as I had healed myself with my Wand of Curing no doubt waiting for some other dark force to rise to oppose us and while I was also ready I found it hard to deduce that anything more powerful than the Shoggoth could still remain below. I knew it would be soon time to negotiate our way out of this basement and this building and make our way to the barn and from there Shadow Walk back to Ringtown. For unless the Count’s minions were really savvy they would have no way to follow us and perhaps the blood of the native brownies could be spared. Either way I was not worried and I looked forward to a celebration worthy of the Summer Court back in Ringtown in addition I had already created a new outfit for Symerria and I could not wait to help her try it on. Things by the love of Aphrodite were looking up and I might even be able to wipe the constant scowl off of Vadania’s face and I looked forward to the return of my other mission companions especially for from the way he had looked at Symerria he just might be willing to let his hair down and enjoy the festivities for once. I of course would hold off on such thoughts in regard to my companions until we had actually arrived in Ringtown for the Realm never ceased to try and find ways to ruin my chances at joy and happiness but you had to claim pleasure wherever you found it and I knew come what may Dragonfirre would not let me down and if I was becoming perhaps a little ruthless well that can be pleasurable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment