Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chapter Thirty Nine : The Plan or The Great Escape

So how does one begin to plan a celebration for a long lost family member who had been presumed dead for over several millennia well that was my dilemma. Now of course was there anyone more deserving than Symerria the Half-Nymph daughter of the Nymph Aretusa sister of my Mother the Queen of the Summer Court Fey. Now perhaps there were a few temporal glitches that needed to be worked out since she somehow had received a secret coded message from my Mother informing me to still my emotions and think about my actions before I acted. It’s a good thing actually for otherwise I might not have been planning a celebration and perhaps more like a funeral. One might imagine how could I consider such an action against someone who was graced with such beauty, charm and grace that many supernatural beings like Succubi or Angels would be jealous well perhaps because I am biased. Since while I will not say I am not a Beauty mine has always been physical as well as mental on which had in the past set me ahead of my equally beautiful, charming and graceful seven sisters of which I rarely speak or for that much write. So perhaps having to always work harder to charm or beguile those that my sisters enthralled before they even opened their mouths or even took a seductive step was often annoying. I of course have course had long gotten over it but from an early age I learned that just because you were not the most beautiful did not mean you could not come home with the prize. Did that not mean I could not wait to throw Symerria down and pleasure her until I became the only woman she would ever truly desire well of course I did. Not that I would ever become jealous and I would expect her to have other lovers both male and female as I myself was accustomed but she would know who really desired and loved her. It might be an Aphrodite thing or any of my various bloodlines of which I shall not go into but Symerria after coming back to us into battle and death deserved as much fun, excitement, and pleasure as she could handle and if I had anything to say about it even more.

Speaking of a girl who is wound just way to tight would be no other then our Favored Soul Vadania favored of Athena. Which of course begged an important question the fate of our Gods which I knew were tied to us in more ways than one was the resurrection truly in our hands? Perhaps so I knew the Arch’s and the Duke’s of Hell were concerned about our success we even had a few champions of the Gods themselves among our number. While I served Aphrodite who had come before them all not Gaia of course but one born of her in a roundabout sense being birthed fully grown with mastery of all her abilities when Uranus was castrated by Cronus when he had overthrown his Father before he himself was overthrown in a similar fashion by Zeus. So yeah Aphrodite had been around far longer than the current Deities that Vadania served and somehow she chose the youngest Athena to identify with the most go figure. Either way she was in reality a natural conduit that could eventually be channeled to bring about the full restoration of their power. Don’t get me wrong the whole selfless sacrifice that Vadania constantly displays has actually endeared her to my heart but seriously with Nialla gone off to the Hells taking the scrolls of life with her I needed to find a way to transfer Vadania’s power over life and death into a form that could be used to resurrect her when the day came that her actions brought her injuries beyond my ability to heal and she was gone perhaps forever. She seemed so sheltered and alone and I could tell the path of the Favored Soul had been hard on her no doubt leading her to a solitary existence away from Elven or even Fey influence. Truly sad for that meant she had never known love or ever felt free to express her desires and held on to an ideal of love that might be impossible for any man or woman ever live up to. Not that I ever doubted my ability to seduce her if the need ever arose but I was not looking for another thrall but instead a friend and perhaps even a lover which were of course the best kind.

So where did that leave my deluded and highly moral Mickey the Torch or in reality Erik who had been mutated by the foulness of the Mythos Lair. Well it left him invisible and beyond my ability to reach for where once he had been not only charismatic and handsome his appearance was not by the standard of many hideous. Don’t get me wrong a lover of mine in the past had often assumed the form of a Mind Flayer whose tentacles had brought me such joy that even to this day thinking about brings flutters through my entire body. This was different his skin his face even entire body was now strange and alien.

So alright enough fluff and time to get on with the situation that we really needed to resolve on what we call perhaps Hyboria Island. I know with my cousin Symerria around I may not be the greatest beauty but my brain and intellect which far outshines every member of Dragonfirre seemed once again to come into question. I will try not to blame my companions and friends because the truth is they really can’t keep up with every variable that I have calculated and deduced long before they have even come up with it. In the end my belief that one of the valuable items we had needed to complete our quest was indeed the anchor that was holding Hyboria Island within its interdimensional space turned out to be correct. It would seem that the drastic change which had already been foreseen was indeed to come to pass. What I had thought would start off quick enough after an unnecessary debate and delay I had liberate two vials of Baneful Dust of Hermes. This of course was the catalyst that lead to Hyboria Island instantly dimensionally shifting to Emerald. There was of course some drama before we had shadow walked to pick up our Organization Agents and after which eventually lead to a dimensional shifting conflict in space aboard a Starlord Space Vessel in orbit of Emerald. Of course it did not help that I already expended a great deal of magical energy and somehow our actions according to some prophecy had turned us into the Chased as opposed to the Hunters. The bright side we had arrived at one of the places I had wanted to be in space aboard Starlord spacecraft things could only look up as you shall see.

I had thought our acquisition of the final pieces on our list to be obtained with the former Red King mansion which turned out to be two vials of the Baneful Dust of Hermes would be acquired without so much debate and anguish from Dragonfirre. Wow was I wrong for in front of us once we had transverse to the end of the twisting dark cavern lay a earthen five feet by five cube that was floating in the air which of course emanated artifact level magic. I of course had already deduced that what we sought was inside and that its removal from the cube might very well lead to a dimensional shift which might very well hurl Hyboria Island into the dimension of Emerald. Now some might have said how I could have put such a thought together of how could I have deduced that there was a plan in place to cover it well there were many subtle clues. I had even informed the Duke of Winter that it might very well happen and to be prepared just in case. Of course where the Island had arrived on the world had been a mystery and of course the global geological effects that were to occur had been more far reaching that I would have expected but then again my Mother always said you can’t have your omelet unless the servants break a few eggs so there you had it. So ok while I will have to admit the confidence that Lucky Ron showed in me will always be appreciated the downright hostility displayed by Symerria and the utter dismay of Vadania were just on the verge of being overdone. Even Slick Rick while he agreed that we needed to proceed had seemed to have a moment of doubt. It had all started because I did not just recover the two vials within the earthen seal and let the others think about it for a moment or two actually like fifteen minutes but who was counting. Symerria had used her Incantrix ability to perceive into the Ethereal Plane and from there she was able to observe two vials that seemed to be sustaining or powering a magical matrix. Meanwhile since Vadania was helpless with divination Slick Rick had performed a natural right that spoke of earthquakes and floods if we were to disrupt the magical balance within the cube. Vadania and I had both deduced that we were dealing with vials of the Baneful Dust of Hermes which of course set off Vadania who it seemed was more in the dark about our mission then I had realized. Even Slick Rick held onto the belief that we might be able to go back in time and restore Hyboria a belief I did not share but then again his faith was stronger than mine and I would support him if he believed he was being guided in a direction that would make his dream a reality. Vadania had started to rant and rave about disturbing the resting place Hermes and while Slick Rick and Lucky Ron had tried to calm her their pleas fell on deaf ears. I on the other had just ignored her for she was only once again showing her lack of awareness and intelligence of which I knew she possessed but it seemed her sheltered life had stunted her emotional and intellectual growth a pity really. Symerria in her own rant while not saying she would try and stop me had continued to make a case to leave the cube alone as removing the jars could disrupt the order of this plane and endanger the lives of the inhabitants of Hyboria Island when perhaps another way could be found. She had even called me foolish which even coming from a mouth as beautiful as hers had stung me I mean really who she that she thought she could to speak to me that way. She had apologized but had told me she had needed to say what she said in order to make sure she was getting my attention. I relented slightly and even had cast a divination spell to allow me to pierce the Ethereal Plane and what I had seen was miraculous for what I had perceived first was of course absolute proof of the Baneful Dust of Hermes but also a magical matrix that stretched away in every possible direction that resembled and anchor of sorts so entranced was I for a moment that I had started to move back upstairs to see if it did indeed reach to the sky. As I had arrived and looked out the window it did indeed and of course the front door was open yet again and since I was unable to feel the minds of the Count’s made men I had withdrawn back downstairs. I let the others know about my deduction and about the open door and Lucky Ron stepped away to investigate. Vadania had stepped over the cube as if to try and move it physically and Slick Rick had given it a better look and informed us that it was a cube composed of almost every natural element. In the end I even pulled the Lamp which had taken on a darker look and the answers it gave I felt were indeed warped by our environment which caused me to not consider it advice to of course claim the two vials within the cube. I guess there was never really ever a doubt what was going to happen for in the end I summoned a Shadow Earth Elemental which charmed with my Fey gifts just as an extra measure and had it step through the earthen cube and bring me the two vials and instantly just like that things changed. Of course there was the sudden quake but then my Elemental suddenly appeared normal and Slick Rick had said we were back on Emerald and that we needed to exit the cave for soon it might collapse or flood.

We made our way upstairs and it was daylight and we could seem a great deal of commotion outside as it had just went from being almost sundown to at least midday which I am sure had thrown the Counts made men for a loop or two. As they ran around in dismay and chaos I informed the others that it was time to enter the Plane of Shadow and travel to Winter to recover our companions. I had summoned a force cage to surround the two vials of Baneful Dust which actually had names on each jar one being the Horse of Apollo and the other being the Eye of Medusa and mentally sealed it with the command word dolphin and passed the vials to Lucky Ron to keep in his magical haversack. The vials would be protected for twelve days which I knew was the best I could do for the moment as I had then told everyone to prepare themselves for the Plane of Shadow. This was to be my first return to my third home in what had in reality been decades since my last trip with my Mother when she had spent months teaching me how to navigate and understand my shadow abilities which of course paled in comparison to her own but still I had felt at home and for the brief few minutes we had spent travelling to Winter to reclaim our missing Organization Associates my already flaring temper had due to the influence of the Plane of Shadow cooled. We arrived and of course we were around three hundred feet off course for even with my gifts the transition back to the Prime Material Plane sporadic. I had begun scanning around looking for a telepathic Brownie as had Lucky Ron and soon we were able to not only pick up our men but see to it that the Duke and his Gold Dragon Sherriff would receive the message that what we had discussed had indeed come to pass. The others had felt the need for me to instill a greater sense of urgency when I truly felt as I had tried to explain before but which I was sure had fell on deaf ears the seers and prophets of this Island had to be expected this one day. Of course they were but at the time I did not yet have proof on my deductions and my own belief so I suppose I could understand their stress and dismay. We had not delayed long and moments after we had arrived I made sure Swami Donnie had brought his men up to speed about what they were to witness and that they would remain calm and then cast the shadow walk spell to allow us to once again enter the Plane of Shadow were every minute we spent travelling we could transverse just a little less than a mile or actually point eighty three percent of a mile ever sixty seconds to be exact. I had intended to spend some quality time with my Red King thrall or even take him with us with us but sadly twelve was my limit and I had already reached it. We had been discussing travelling to the Elder Thing shop and acquiring a few crystals but I felt our priority needed to be to check with the High Priest of Nodens who I was sure could fill us in on their plan to deal with the coming disaster and perhaps a few clues for our future.

Minutes later after another comforting well at least for me for I could tell the all consuming twilight of the Plane of Shadow was taking its toll on Slick Rick the most and the others to a lesser extent we arrived in Ringtown around three hundred feet from the main Nodens temple complex. As we had approached it seemed the day was indeed a good day for the faith for the complex was surrounded. We used our natural charisma to make our way to our contact at the front of the complex and within moments stood before the High Priest. She had been surrounded of course but upon seeing we had ushered those attending her aside and with her leave I placed her into my telepathic link. I had informed her quickly of what had happened and she was able to deal with it as I expected a High Priest should and I was able to find out that she had indeed been expecting this day and that a plan to save Hyboria Island was already in place. Perhaps I might have forgotten to mention that Slick Rich had actually said that the entire Island might sink over four inches into the ocean well in reality it was more like six miles but who was counting. Slick Rick had wanted more details and I had informed him that as I had anticipated a plan was in place. At which point he had told me to shut up and while I had looked at him with awe I had merely said “Really” and he had replied “Really”. At which point I had shut up for Slick Rick I had appointed to be my spiritual guide and while I will admit I was furious for it only made me realize just for my intellect exceeded my companions I had relented and faded from view allowing the shadows to claim me but I kept the telepathic link active. The High Priest had off course answered Slick Ricks inquiry into their plan and told them that they had for as far back as she could remember had a plan to save the island and the Islands powers that be would in effect raise the entire Island above sea level. Now she had of course included they had no warning about being sent to another reality and I had of course informed her of the factions and powers that be so she could inform the others. I had realized a few important things at that moment our clock had just accelerated for now there was an entire new Island of Hyborians ripe for the plucking and history had already shown that they would not fare well. I had also concluded that raising the Island while it would preserve the Island which it seemed as Swami Donnie and Slick Rick were able to confirm now rested four hundred miles north of the lands we had already explored and come to know it would also cause a natural disaster the likes of which the world had never seen before. Last but not least and I was glad to see that Lucky Ron was thinking along the same lines if no one else noticed the arrival of a new Island then the Starlords in space were bound to notice when a giant blip just appeared on their screens. So when I had asked her for it seemed as we had now been more successful than any of our previous temporal incarnations in the past if the prophecies offered her any advice she could bequeath upon us. I had not really been surprised but of course it’s always good to hear when you deduction prove to be correct for she basically told us that while in the past we could have been considered the Hunters we could now until we found a way to change it due to our actions be considered the Chased.

We had not delayed much after that since staying put only raised the chances of us being caught and the Elder Thing Crystals would just have to wait. I realized what would come next would be just a little complicated for we would need to travel four hundred miles of mostly ocean to arrive at the northern tip of Phaedra Farms at the very least. I took a moment to consider the eight hour travel time as well as how we would cross the Shadow Ocean when we came to it and realized we would need a barge. I had explained to the others what I had meant for the Shadow Plane while quite variable mimicked the terrain of the surrounding environment to a great degree. So while I had no doubt that Slick Rick and I could have made the swim I had my doubts about the others hence the need to acquire a boat or a barge. Of course the city was in a complete upheaval but after a few moments we located a young man who could rent us a barge which I of course chose to buy as we would not be returning it. After working on haggling which I soon realized was useless since the price from his own mind was one hundred and fifty gold. I found he was willing to settle for one hundred and forty five at best, for he would have been responsible for the remaining cost either way. The others had seemed concerned over how he had wanted to know what we offered and while I had opened with an offer of one hundred gold which had been turned down due to the cost difference of our currency it actually ended up being exactly what I had expected to pay and after summoning my shadow servants fifteen to be exact who then picked up the barge we were almost ready to go. We had travelled outside of town as everyone who was anyone seemed to be intent on heading into town since after all around ninety percent of the Islands population lived there it did not take long to find a secluded shadowy forest locale for me to cast my third shadow walk spell and our journey could begin. One might ask if I felt bad for the servants who I had tasked to carry the barge and who would later be manning the oars well of course not for I am royalty after all and that’s what servants are for after all at least I did not have the Organization Agents doing the work.

I had believed that at the most during our extended journey we would at best encounter a resident of the Plane of Shadow with whom I would have been able to negotiate what actually happened surprised me. Don’t get me wrong we had traveled over a third of the way which equated to around one hundred and fifty miles and were making our way on the ocean with my servants manning the oars. During that time I could tell the darkness had stilled the others my mind had wandered back to conversations that while of little import at the time led me to believe could pose a problem in the near future. First off had been Symerria and her Vow of Poverty which would cause issues with almost all of the cloths I had already made for her the day before. Of course if she wore nothing at all that would have been fine with me and in the darkness where only I could see I had spent a great deal of time staring at her beautiful body while none of the others could witness my state of lust. I had even offered to allow her to use my Hat of Mystery which she of course she had turned down due to the constraints of her Vow and I realized I would have to settle for an illusion once we arrived on the continent for it seemed she could only wear what a commoner could wear and I figured I would set her up with Ves acolyte gear. Meanwhile Vadania was able to alter her armor as Lucky Ron had show her with the aid of a Hat of Disguise to resemble the gangster garb we had all changed into and she only needed tie her weapons and place them within her haversack and her transformation had been complete. She had even gone on to explain to Swami Donnie in detail the limitations on her ability to raise his fallen comrades. Worth nothing of course but it made me even more aware of the need and the sacrifice we might all need to make to help her create a Scroll or two with the raise dead miracle inscribed upon it you know just in case. I will admit I also found that I had been wise while I will admit it had been hard to bit my tongue and not explode at Slick Rick he had confided to me thru the private mindlink I maintain with him something that truly even on the Plane of Shadow warmed my heart. He had apologized to me for snapping at me and informed me with his wisdom as a guide that I needed to remember that sometimes my intellect put be far ahead of them and that I would help if I remembered that often they needed time to catch up. I had of course thanked him and I informed him that I would do my best to keep him and the others better informed so that they could keep up with me. For a while there I actually thought we might be in the clear but of course during the third hour something unexpected happened one moment we were on the Plane of Shadow and the next were in a white sealed prison and don’t let me forget to mention there was not air inside.

Alright I was just a little upset for what had just happened should have been impossible perhaps only within the powers of a God. I mean really were in an entirely different dimension and somehow something had not only locked on to us but had also transported us to who knew where. Now of course sadly I still have one major weakness I still need to breath and so I summoned a Shadow Air elemental that could sacrifice itself to give us air to breath until I could work our current situation. I of course first tried the most direct route and cast another shadow walk spell for I figured wherever we were I could get us back to the Plane of Shadow and work things out from there. Of course it was blocked and it had the distinctive feel of Mythos Magic which of course then caused me to ask Vadania for my spellstaff back or I did not plan to cast my last sixth circle spell unless I absolutely had to and I had placed that very spell within my staff. I could increase my spells more in a pinch but I really would prefer not to have to drug myself and deal with the massive side effects afterward. Now before I could enter into a state of concentration to release the magic within the spellstaff I expanded my senses and found outside the chamber which imprisoned us three minds but not just any minds Starlord minds and I realized they were also telepathic. I informed the others and simply telepathically let them know that we were inside and if they could let us out so we could talk. I know pretty smooth and soon as I let my mind register the other minds around us I found at least twenty one of which one seemed to be some kind of aberration. I began to concoct a tale to tell them as the first thing once they had lowered the walls was how we had ended up in the rift from which they had just scooped us. The three Starlords wore silver metallic outfits and wore belts similar to the one I had seen before an impressive Psion who had run an Apex Science Center and I derived that they would have some kind of personal shields. I scanned their minds and I was able to determine from their surface thoughts that they were not able to read my mind in turn so I will admit I got a little cocky. Perhaps I should have stuck with the tale of finding my spellstaff and that it had led us to the rift from where they had detected us and scooped us. But no Miss know it all Beauty the Brain had to have it all for while I had a feeling that we were now in space and I needed to prove it. I had taken the high road and informed them that I knew we were in space and were actually undercover agents sent to investigate their actions. Of course I had trusted my eloquent persuasive skills to cover almost anything I said and make it believable but it seemed that the Starlords were actually up to no good and I had in reality instead of building confidence I had instead instilled fear which caused them to attack in order to silence us and protect their mission.

Well Lucky Ron was expecting them to attack at any moment and seemed ready for them and while I was also ready I was upset that of course they had to be part of some sinister plot against their own kind. Of course the Starlord pulled wrist blasters and called for backup. Did I forget to mention that their scooping station was location in the middle of their ship in the center which placed four entrances from which they could call those said reinforcements to surround us. A fierce melee soon began with many of our Organization Agents taking the brunt of the onslaught. There were of course a few hectic moments where Hawkeye Allen’s misfire took down Diamond Jim and even Gizmo Dent fumbled a grenade which dropped and detonated at our feet which caught me as well. Lucky Ron had advanced into their ranks and with his sword and the arcane force magic of Symerria one of the Starlords went down. I had faded from view, cast a haste and was busy using my blessed bandages to stabilize or Organization Agents as they began to succumb to the increasing blaster fire. I had even summoned my Fey Knight to attempt to hold them back but their shields made their attacks almost useless and since they had no minds which caused them to ignore them. Slick Rick had transformed and was holding one entrance and I had no choice but the cast a shadow wall of ice to block another entrance which left of course two entrances clear. I could sense an odd sensation from Vadania and I had a feeling we might be losing her to whatever realm our Dragonfirre members went when they were called away. Swami Donnie had been busy at my instruction scanning our surroundings trying to get a handle on how he might take control of the ship while I was considering how we might escape back to the Plane of Shadow just in case. To be honest the concept of capturing one of the Starlord spacecraft really turned me on but not if it meant the loss of life of members of Dragonfirre or the Organization. I was not worried for I knew I had a few more moves to play but I was not liking my options but I had no choice but to play the cards I had been dealt and with Lucky Ron still standing I figured might as well go for broke.


I will not attempt to deduce the powers of the Starlord Tech and only say the most important part when am I going to get my hands on some of it. It’s no wonder that Hyboria fell after a prolonged battle for if their technology can bridge the Planes of Existence then not matter what happens to the Dreaming God the Starlords are still going to be a problem. For while I had already been formulating a plan to sneak into their spaceport and perhaps commandeer a spacecraft since I have know of the technology since my first encounter with the Moonbeast I had placed those thoughts in the back of my mind in the belief that for the most part we had little to be concerned regarding the Starlords. Perhaps exactly what many Hyborians who perished might have also believed but I could see the silver lining in our transport aboard one of their vessels. We were in a position to seize one of their ships or at the very least we had gained confirmation of their ships in orbit. Of course I would much have much preferred to be sharing a little quality time with Symerria, Lucky Ron and a few of the Organization Agents but alas it seemed that once again Emerald had other plans for us. Well alright I was still a little upset with the outbursts of Symerria and Vadania but I have always found a little pleasure goes really far in my book to heal all wounds. I of course had a number options left either to flood the entire ship with water, perhaps breech the hull and see how well the Starlords did without an air supply or perhaps my favorite and of course the most dangerous find the leader of the ship charm him and have him call off the entire attack. Every option I knew was bold and I even had a few more dangerous options it had thought up but each of them would have called for me sacrificing either members of Dragonfirre or Organization Agents so I shall not even place those ideas in this record. Suffice to say Dragonfirre the Organization Agents and I were in the thick of it again and would I really want it any other way for without peril can one really ever appreciate pleasure by the savage Ares or for the love of Aphrodite I really doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment