Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chapter Thirty Four : The Winter Provider or Time To Take Out The Trash

My name is Elysia or for the moment Beauty and Dragonfirre had chosen to ride to the Winter Provider on my summoned shadow steeds in our continued scavenger hunt as it were and along the way we had encountered a lone Red King who soon became my Thrall. This of course was only the beginning for soon after gaining much valuable information from my Thrall we had encountered the Red Kings on their own grounds and commenced to make them rue the day they had ever put on their crowns. Things might have been smooth sailing after that were it not for the six stone multi-armed Gugs and of course their Avatar Gog who seemed intent on freezing us all to death. I will admit there were times when I considered withdrawing in order to not continue to risk the lives of my friends but with the exception of the briefest of moments when Dirty Anna had almost lost heart and was reaffirmed by my outward confidence in the face of such power as well as the healing touch of Deadly Dayna who after the stunning performance she displayed I may very well find a way to sell her real name after all.

I will admit I was starting to have headaches over what had been transpiring and what my mind had already been exposed to in such a short time and therefore I shall be brief in my relation of the events that transpired and perhaps elaborate further in the future. For while riding to the Winter Provider we had literally stumbled upon a Red King who was making his way to Winter to replace the Red King in town per schedule. Well when I saw him the other had questioned what we should do and I already knew what I was going to do I was going to acquire a Red King Thrall or we were going to have to eliminate him. I had started to cast when I was in range and he had fired his wrist blaster which struck me in stomach and threw me from my horse. He had started to try and say something smart but alas he had not realized who he had been dealing with for with the skill honed from years of training I withstood the blast tumbled from my horse landing on my feet and completed my spell and he was mine. I felt the rush of power and sexual energy from the spell almost overwhelm me as the power of the spell bound his will to my own. I maintained my composure and informed the others that he was mine as I had walked forward healing myself with my wand of curing and I began to quickly sift through his mind. With the help of my natural ability to detect his thought as well as mentally direct him mind as I saw fit it was easy work for me to have him shield himself from the others whose range seemed to extend for miles. I quickly acquired as much information as he had to offer concerning Emerald and their operations and found out that the ones sent here were basically the rejects and were for the most part on guard duty. I even acquired information about the mysterious figure known as Doctor Death the Red King in charge of Internal Security. He let me know that their base held twelve additional Red Kings and that while he knew little of the artifacts he could confirm anything we sought could be found in perhaps one of the three sub-basements of their facility. After giving me a full layout of their estate I bound him to continue his duties and report as he was intended while continuing to cloak himself and await my return in Winter. My headaches were getting worse and while I had plans upon plans to get closer it was perhaps the mention of a Red Dragon being in the area by Mickey the Torch and confirmation by my Thrall who was worried about him that lead to a more low key approach to the lair of the Winter Provider.

We had ridden up and decided to just use the cover of coming to sample their wears and offer our services as security. Sadly Mickey the Torch had vanished along with Clean Eugene and even Slick Rick. Lucky Ron took the lead and in short order the horses were stabled and we were inside getting the grand tour. We were left with only Lucky Ron, Dirty Anna, Swami Donnie and a as yet untested Deadly Dayna to work with and entire room of Red Kings which numbered five inside and of course at least three other who could storm the facility at any moment. I knew with our numbers diminished we would have no choice but to be decisive and ambush them otherwise we might never reach the chambers below. I had explained the Orb of Sight to Swami Donnie and he had been able to determine that what we sought was underground and he was even able to determine which of the three sub-basements we needed to search. I had found it odd that I could not penetrate through the floor with my Mindsight for I knew there were guardians below us and so as the other Red Kings had moved closer and one of them who seemed to be eyeing us with a look of concern I signaled Dirty Dayna to give him something to be concerned about as I cast a haste spell upon us and our battle began in earnest. After an additional slow spell to further hinder the Red Kings efforts and even summoning an Earth Elemental which oddly resembled some kind of elder creature after putting one of the Kings to sleep in order to slay him the Red Kings proved no match for our power. A few others had stormed the area of course but after a well placed solid fog spell they were slowed down and quickly dispatched.

Perhaps more could be said and I might elaborate more in the future but I still had an infernal headache and the others had performed admirably even Deadly Dayna and I was almost ready to even consider calling her a friend for she had not hesitated either in healing Dirty Anna when she had taken fire of dealing it out with her Lightning Long Sword or her pistol which as she had said she was skilled. So as I had ordered my perverted Earth Elemental to make sure the remaining Red Kings were indeed dead by crushing whatever life remained within them I began to consider our options and how we would face the Ugly Thing below. Which was right about the time that I suddenly felt the mental presence of Clean Eugene, Slick Rick and Mickey the Torch returning to us and I knew the Gods were with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment