Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chapter Thirteen : Seeking Harmony Amongst Discord

It’s ironic how easily discord and avarice can raise their ugly heads and bring almost bring about ruin. So as I enter this trial and tribulation I have to realize I have learned my lesson. For while upon my last entry had made plans to work with the group to assist or coerce them in reaching an accord since the way it was going we needed to harmonize our efforts or our odds might very well turn against us. I of course realized that the concept of deceiving my friends was not a good one I truly felt at the moment that I might be running out of options but thanks to the patient and wise silent counsel of Buerick and perhaps the further manifestation of my fey powers I came to the realization that I would just have to work harder to make this work. For while I had felt our primary objective was to seek out information and perhaps even confront the gang known as the Magicians in pursuit of the Wish Projector among other things we had other internal issues which we needed to deal with first. It seemed that the Lamp of Al-Hazed had some additional information which it shared regarding the location of another Hyborian native to our realm who had somehow not only been preserved in the ice but was located close to the mansion being rented by Starving Marvin. I know that does not really sound like a reason to cause hesitation but add our new arrival to what seemed to be new hostility between three of my current favorites Nialla, Erik and Morgan then add to that mix a Whisper Gnome named Alth and the whole lot almost causing Buerick to lose his temper and you might begin to perceive the tip of the iceberg. Now of course the trials that Swami Donnie’s crew had to endure were also taking their toll. So at the middle of a new day when my beloved Morgan seemed to be really having issues focusing the plan we had all laid out was falling apart and I knew it might be up to me to fix it but be patient I will get to that.

We had just narrowly made our escape and I spent my time seeing to Morgan and Nialla since obviously Erik and the others were in good shape. Erik had indeed proven himself to me during our encounter with the avatar of Bast and in short order I could see that Buerick’s sense of direction was indeed impressive. For within an hour he had navigated the area to the mansions and it looked like our mansion had been assaulted from the mansion across the street. Well about what I had anticipated since from what I had been able to determine the Red Menace don’t waste much time following a lead regardless of how slight it might seem. I felt the presence of Buerick in my mind like a sensual caress that sent a charge through me that hardened my nipples and tingled my nether regions while not overwhelming I will admit it was quite pleasurable. So when Buerick asked me to exit the Realm within the Stone and rejoin him on Emerald I was quite well disposed to do so. So after to telling the others inside that I would be back I left the Realm and returned to Emerald to assist our dashing Druid Buerick. As I arrived in the outside world I could notice that we were in the garage of the mansion and Buerick was describing in detail the scene that looked indeed like the results of a magical assault. I informed Buerick that it might be wise just in case things might go sour for me to cloak us within a magical sphere of invisibility which would allow us to see each other but would render us invisible to anyone who might be observing the scene from afar or near. The front door which looked like it had been hit by a lightning bolt was proof enough for me and to be honest during our first week on Emerald I had yet to see sufficient clout cover in the sky to even support a storm. As I looked across the street it looked like there had been quite the fire fight and I told Buerick we might as well knock and see if anyone was home. I of course informed him that I would cast a zone of silence which would give me control over the sound within a five foot radius as well as a silent image which would cloak anything happening around the door just in case he seemed satisfied and stood prepared while I knocked on the door. We could hear movement inside and within moments I heard Flaky Luke exclaim that he would get the door which he proceeded to do. As he opened the door I informed him that we had returned and that as far as anyone else was concerned no one would be able to see us or hear us as well as asking him to let us in and go find Swami Donnie. As we entered the mansion while I cloaked the event magically I could sense that Buerick was dealing with something. I asked him if everything was alright and he had responded that Nialla had informed him of some situation regarding another Hyborian trapped in ice nearby who might be able to be revived and he had informed her that it needed to wait. Indeed it did one situational crisis at a time I related to Buerick and as Swami Donnie arrived Buerick informed the others that it was safe to exit the Realm within the Stone. Once everyone was assembled we informed Swami Donnie of had transpired and I even used the silent image I was still controlling to give him graphic representation of what had happened since due to the events that had transpired we had lost track of Mongo. While I informed him that we had managed to escape the Death Knight and the avatar of Bast I chose not dwell or show him the situations and miscalculations that led to needing to withdraw in the first place. Swami Donnie confirmed that the group that had attacked indeed resembled a Red Menace strike team and the assault had been so heavy that he had called on the De’Moulay for assistance which had led to their prompt withdrawal. He also informed us that Chief De’Moulay was on the way to question them regarding the situation and we would no doubt need to leave unless we wanted to deal with the De’Moulay. At first Shiron had considered sticking around but his idea I needed to firmly shut down for I reminded Shiron and the others that for now they believed we were operatives of the Rebel Ves and while we all had our credentials and even the extra ones Swami Donnie had provided I believed it would unwise for us to try and confront De’Moulay and possibly ruin that cover. It’s not like I doubted I could have pulled it off but what I could not control was the actions of the others as well as the fact that Buerick needed to rest. So I suggested that if Swami Donnie had a back up hide out it would be best if we headed out. Which was how Fluky Luke ended up leading us to the garage we he picked out car. He asked us how many we would need and I informed him one might be best since the other would vanish and find another way. For while I liked old Fluky I was taking pains to not let him or any of Swami’s other operatives from learning more then they needed to. So as the other vanished I made sure to keep Fluky Luke occupied and let him believe that they were simply turning invisible. I took the time to remind the others before we left the area about the Hyborian who was trapped in ice nearby since according to my beloved Nialla such was the case according the Lamp of Al-Hazed with which she told me she had been consulting. It seemed that our fellow Hyborian was located only a few blocks away and after everyone else went into the Stone and into the Realm with the exception of myself and Buerick of course Flaky Luke drove us to the location. Once there Buerick slipped out transformed into an aquatic from and entered the water. The plan was for Erik who was due to his draconic gold dragon totem able to fully function within water to locate the Hyborian and transport him into the Realm with the Stone. When Buerick returned a few moments later he informed me of something else quite troubling that he had seen within the lake miniature versions creatures that looked exactly like the Glaaki. As we drove off I had hoped that the others would be able to extradite our fellow Hyborian who it seemed had somehow been preserved within the ice through some process of Emerald. I had figured Nialla would use her eldritch blasts to melt the ice since I would have hope that Erik would refrain from trying to breathe on it. I was enjoying the ride with Buerick to the Hub controlled Phaedra Farms and ironically from what I was being led to believe was actually going to be a hideout located on a farm. I had to admit Buerick was looking quite impressive in his designer suit which I had picked out and his disguise which I had worked up I realized needed to be changed just in case the Red Menace were just that good at relaying information. After I had completed his new disguise as well as my own Buerick looked absolutely divine and I will admit I was getting myself more than a little excited but then I noticed his brow start to tense up and I asked what was wrong. He told me something was going on the Realm within the Stone and he touch my hand to the Stone of Tongues and showed me how to view within and while I used my ability to mimic drudical energies I was amazed at the feeling of connection if felt with the natural environment with of the Realm within Stone. Now what I saw inside was not something that was pleasing to the eye I assure you for it seemed that someone had been burned of an ice prison and was actually still on fire while it seemed that Nialla and Erik who had been singing so harmoniously were now engaged in an argument that seemed at any moment might erupt into outright violence. Buerick had told me he had caused it to start raining inside the realm in the hope that they would come to their sense but they had failed to do so and unless I went in there and resolved the situation he would soon start calling down lightning upon them. I will admit I was amazed that things could have gotten out of hand so quickly but I looked to Buerick and I told him I would take care of it. As I touched the Stone of Tongues to make my entry in the Realm easier I focused my will on one of my newly acquired abilities to start summoning allies of nature since I figured I might need the backup and I needed to bring an end to any possible conflict quickly and decisively. I emerged into Realm and three unicorns appeared at my beck and call and I noticed that Shiron had moved and was helping to put out our new flaming Hyborian. My arrival caused the desired effect for I had dropped my disguise and I stood before my assembled companions in my full fey glory dressed in my seductive form fitting feycraft mithral shirt and my brown thigh high black boots with my black hair cascading down my back and along with arrival of the unicorns all hostilities had suddenly ceased and all eye were on me exactly where I wanted them. As I looked around I called out to everyone “ For the love of Aphrodite what in the world is going on here!”. From the information I received from everyone I was able to deduce that after much fanfare Erik had burned our new arrival out of his prison and after a few harsh words from Nialla after the event and after Shiron had swung his sword at the box which had contained our new Hyborian Erik had tried to throw Nialla down the ground. They were even now still arguing and I spoke in sylvan to one two of my unicorn friends to tell me if our new arrival was evil and after being told he was not I asked them to heal him for he was still severely burned. As they approached what I could make out to be a remarkably small gnome whom I was soon to find out was a Whisper Gnome named Alth seemed to be more relaxed since the arrival of the unicorns and myself. It was while they healed him that I had turned toward Nialla and Erik who both seemed thankfully not as angry but still perturbed but by Dionysus did they look sexy and I was almost drunk with lust but I put those thoughts aside and focused on their current disagreement. But first I had introduced myself to Alth with whom I noticed was already in a better mood and I am sure it had to do with my electrifying yet inspiring appearance and of course the three unicorns. He told me his name was Alth and I noticed that he seemed to be getting along famously with Morgan with whom I was still a little perturbed with for having the idea of calling himself my protector yet not really having the ability to really keep up with me. For while I will admit Morgan is no doubt one of the loves of my life I would be unable to say he is the only love of my life. For by Malcanthet what was not to love about Nialla with her dark beauty and bright soul that was being caressed by darkness was more enticing than I cared to admit. Now of course there was also Erik who I might from now on call the Bold who I fell for at first sight not that I would let him know that for while I am sure Nialla might not agree I have never met a more noble, brave and attractive dragon shaman I had ever met. Then of course there was this thing my body was responding to lately whenever I was alone with Buerick and while he is of course a Druid of nature I have in the past had my memorable times with natives of nature I don’t quite know if I would call it really love perhaps it was a natural Pan thing only time would tell. Well for now how this love pentagon or shall I say starfish conundrum was going to work out if it even needed to be worked at all for I always say the more the merrier remained to be seen. Then again they might decide to tie me down and have their way with me but that is just my masochistic desires trying to rise to the surface and while I will admit I had fun being just a little sadistic it’s not really my cup of tea. So moving on to other concerns I still had to deal with the situation with by beloved Nialla and my dream lover Erik who it seemed were still in foul but still sexy moods. To make a long story short it seemed that while Nialla had been trying to use her eldritch blasts to release Alth somehow first breath on the box containing him then Shiron had sliced it open narrowly missing Nialla’s head then Erick had breathed yet again which was why Alth had ended up scorched as it were. What proceeded next were a number of hurled insults and even Erik attempted playful assault on Nialla after a particularly acute verbal assault by Nialla. So yeah Erik was being a little rough and while I might have liked it I could tell she did not find it in any way pleasurable and was even making note of how I could even be interested in him. So with the help of the Unicorns I was able to confirm for myself that Alth was not evil and to Erik that while Nialla might use abilities granted by dark powers which were no fault of her own her heart and soul were good which was what counted after all. I know I may make it sound like it was easy but Erik did bring something to my mind when he had said that while I had told him I could understand what she was going thru he had called me on it and mentioned that I summoned Unicorns so what did that make me. His comments did stir a strong resonance within me that made me realize that I would not allow the dark forces that sought to lay claim to her soul lay claim to it. For while the fiendish heritage still lay dormant within me and not doubt was another of the things that drew me to Nialla my fey heritage had proved stronger and if anyone knew how to hold off the powers of evil it was I and I realized that Nialla just needed a reason to hang on and could be that for her. So back to Morgan’s new companion the small actually around three feet and five inches tall gnome who from the thin looks of him had to be of the Whisper variety. So what were we to do with such a small new arrival I figured I could make him look like a child but he was not going to be my responsibility. Well to be honest I have never had much fondness for the races of Stone or shall I say dwarves, gnomes and even goliaths sometimes it’s the smell and sometimes it’s the mood but since Morgan seemed to like our diminutive new arrival I figured the least I could do was be polite. The fact that he turned out to be a Psion as well as a Warlock boded for dark times ahead and then the fact that Nialla seemed to find him a kindred spirit was almost disgusting and appalling. I of course concealed my true feeling from everyone since in reality his familiar Psicrystal which in reality was a living extension of his psychic power as well as his eldritch blasts would be a welcome addition to our arsenal. So mainly due to the fact that Morgan and Nialla seemed to have found a new toy I decided to confer with him and fill him on what he needed to know to survive on Emerald. I of course also worked on a disguise to make him resemble the child which he already resembled. I conferred with the others a few time until I was sure that it was one of my best jobs basically I wanted to make sure that Morgan and surprisingly Shiron were not able to casually pierce his gnome identity. Once I was done I heard the seductive call of Buerick calling me back to Emerald and so after looking around one last time and making sure everyone was peaceful I rejoined him in the car with Fluky Luke.

We soon arrived in Phaedra Farms at continued until we reached a farm and pulled up to a three story building that looked like it had been designed for storage after we entered the building Buerick called to the other to exit the Stone and we were once again all on the face of Emerald. I was surprised with the lack of furnishings and Fluky let me know that he was sure additional luxuries would be brought in. There was after few minutes while we were examining our locale and Nialla seemed in intent conversation with Alth whose very name sounded to me like something one did after a hard night of drinking and became sick I left them to it for I figured if it was important I could always find out that night or she would tell me sooner I was sure. There was a knock at the door and we all came to alert but thankfully it was only Fast Freddy who arrived and had both good news and bad news. The good news was that the hideout was a fully furnished farm across the street and the bad that Mongo had been captured and was being held for ransom. We crossed the way and I for one was glad for that meant that Nialla and I would not doubt be able to share a room tonight and I so longed for her embrace. It’s not that I am shy actually far from it and I think an old fashioned orgy would have been just what the group needed but of course there were two snags one Morgan the Iron Willed would no doubt just stand off to the side and then there was the gnome Alth. Let’s just say I have slept with many men and even women for that matter of more races than I shall mention but never a dwarf or gnome let us just say they disgust me and leave it at that. To be honest the thought of Alth even seeing me naked was almost enough to put me completely out of the mood and I assure that was saying something. In addition I was not exactly being completely open with the others about our relationship for the respect of Nialla so while hiding it I was not hiding from it. It’s not like I had not let everyone know that if they needed help I would be more than happy to assist them sexually that is but so far I had been turned down and had received not offers from anyone. I will admit I did throw myself at Nialla and of course she had responded but really who could blame me what with her walking around naked every night. I was actually more than a little shocked that the others were able to resist either of us but in Nialla’s case part of her allure and attraction for me was the dark power within her which logically I could see scaring others away. So being able to have Nialla to myself was a pleasure and being able to avoid the eves of the childlike gnome was going to be a relief. Buerick who looked finally relaxed walked gracefully toward me and handed me the Stone of Tongues and told me he was returning to the Realm within the Stone to rest and would return within eight hours. I had looked to him and I told him I would make sure I kept an eye on him throughout the night and with that he was gone. I looked inside to the Realm and I saw him enter trace and become one with the grove and a sense of tranquility came over me that almost drew me in after him but I had a job to do therefore figured I would get to it. Thankfully it took little effort to manage dinner and during the evening we set watches with Morgan, Erik and I taking a watch each. Nialla chose before we turned in for the evening to make me aware of a discovery she had made while consulting with the Lamp it seemed the magic detecting grid created by the Red Menace had been created using a power similar to a wish spell and she had learned that a properly spell crafted dispel magic could disrupt the next and they would be unaware. She had samples of earth which held remnants of the magic and she recommended that we study it to find out if I could learn the knack which would help her and even Alth in the future. I am so glad that I am such a good actress or I am sure Alth or the others would have noticed how uncomfortable I was and I reminded myself that he was no doubt the last gnome and with him the race would soon disappear from this realm a thought which allowed me to take pity on him and actually respect the kindness that Nialla and Morgan were showing him. I have to assume that Alth’s study of both psionics and the dark power that fueled Warlocks must have left him to divided to see how the dispelling of the Red Menace was to be performed. For I was sure that Nialla and I almost had it and shortly afterward it was time to clean up and prepare for bed and I told Nialla I would join her in an hour I just needed to catch up on a little light reading first. She told me she would be waiting and the look she gave me caused my nipples to harden my and breath to catch but I concealed the reaction and smiled a seductive smile back to her and said see you soon. I used the hour to catch up on my reading I had assumed the lotus position and surrounded myself with my assembled text books and while I will admit I was feeling comfortable with my knowledge of the sciences of Emerald I have learned you can never be too prepared and of course there is always more to learn. The more I continues to gleam from the knowledge I continued to gain bore out what the Moonbeast Commander had said about their technology for while far superior to any we had achieved on Emerald basically due I felt now due the presence of the many Gods and of course the availability of magic there had really been little need to advance our sciences. I began to realize that the knowledge I really wanted to get my hands on would no doubt be located at one of their science centers where information gleamed form the Moonbeast spacecraft crash sites might be located. I also realized that the Star Lords with their intentions of turning those with Hyborian blood into Space Mead put them not only for their technological advances but their access to working spacecraft on my list of people to eventually pay a visit. I knew the others were intent on the quest for the Lighting Gun but the way I saw it we would sooner than later be in the right place and for the love of Aphrodite the right time to acquire everything we needed as well as what I desired. I was with such greedy thoughts that I passion started to rise and my blood had began to burn with desire for release and I found Nialla naked in the night and I was welcomed into paradise. And there I would have stayed resting in the bliss that comes after lovemaking were in not for the faint whispers coming from Nialla saying to stay away from Elysia as well as the sweet smell of brimstone. No to be honest the smell of brimstone actually was not a smell that was foreign to me it reminded me of my long lost Father actually bless his dammed soul and I held Nialla to me to comfort and calm her but then she screamed and woke up and I will admit I was a little worried. I held Nialla and told her she could talk about it the morning and that everything alright now and I would watch over her while I sang her a sylvan lullaby which lured her back to what I hoped would be restful sleep. When I awoke the next morning I was rested and I knew soon Buerick would be emerging from within the Stone so I quickly rose kissed Nialla who was still resting thankfully and headed to the Shower since it was dawn and time to cleanse myself and ready myself for the new day.

I will have to remember one thing to keep a better eye on Nialla since obviously no one else even Scrounger her familiar seemed at all concerned about her walking around alone. Since as I had walked back to our room I found that Nialla was nowhere to be found. As I was walking around looking for her Buerick emerged out of the Stone of Tongues and walked toward me to reclaim the Stone and by Aphrodite was I glad to see him. I hoped he would help to bring balance to the day’s proceedings but what really concerned me was that nobody knew where to find Nialla. Fluky Luke was busy in the kitchen preparing breakfast when in through the front door walked Nialla looking bright eyed and beautiful as ever with a basket of fresh eggs under her arm. She walked to the kitchen and Fluky Luke went to completing quite an impressive breakfast that I will admit was quite enjoyable. I took the time to cast a zone of silence since I needed to have some words with Nialla and Scrounger and I did not want to include the others since I did not want them to hear how concerned I was for Nialla. While I did not read her the riot act I did remind her that we were on a dangerous world and being hunted and to please never leave alone again without telling me or at least someone. I also had similar words for Scrounger telling him at first the not let her leave alone and when he fell back on the line that she was in charge I let him know to do me the favor of telling me since if something ever happened to Nialla then obviously something would happen to him as well. He seemed to get the point once I appealed to his intelligence and Nialla looked at me like I did not realize she was there but I told her no secrets my love just making sure Scrounger and I are on that same page. I then turned and would have spent time with Morgan were it not for the fact that he seemed to be busy conferring with Alth at the moment. While we continued our morning meal and strategy session between Fluky and Fast Freddy we found out that Mongo was being held by an allied Red Menace sect called the Red Aces and they were looking five grand in order to release him. Some people were thinking that we should assist them with making the traded. Shiron seemed to be on the same page with me and asked if they could handle the situation then it would not doubt be preferable but if we were needed we would offer our services. I on the other hand had made sure all of our group not consider this option since it was without a doubt a trap. I even went so far as to advise Fluky to warn Swami Donnie not risk anyone of value but to feel free to attempt to pay the ransom. He informed us that they could acquire some ghouls for the work and we as a group pressed on. Shiron who had seemed to not remember we had already laid out a direction and plan of action asked for a review and Nialla was able to bring him up to speed on our plan to deal with the Central City gang known as the Magicians who were rumored to be in possession of the Wish Projector an item that was necessary for the creation of the Lightning Gun. After a number of phone calls Fast Freddy had left and Fluky Luke was letting us know that with the aid of their network they had a lead on a Magician operation that we could interrupt. It seemed they had an operation they were working on in Industry City and we would be on our way to deal with the Magicians and we would soon find out magical they really were.

Fluky had managed to put together a number of interesting motor vehicles and it seemed we would be driving. I was happy to see Erik finally acquire access to a mithral car. While at first he sat in the back of the rear seat of the car which sat only two he only seemed sad for a moment when he realized he would need to drive himself. With Morgan driving himself and Shiron riding with Fluky and Nialla and I set too ride in another car somehow Alth ended up riding with us. I of course set up a message link just to be safe since we were in for a day’s drive it would seem. We needed to stop a few times and each time Fluky would get out and make a phone call to check on the progress of our current operation as well as the situation with Mongo. It was as we were nearing one such stop that somehow Morgan crashed his car and while I know that some might have thought this was typical but I knew better something was wrong and I had yet to figure it out. The sad part was that I thought we had put our daily trials behind us but alas I was wrong. For after Morgan had crashed his car we were left with only one car in which Morgan could ride and of course it was the one being driven by Erik. Of course while we had stopped Erik had made a comment about Morgan being an assassin which to be honest he was dead on with his opinion based on his initial observations of Morgan’s callous murder of two helpless captives for which Morgan continued to blame on Shiron. Erik while voicing his desire to not have Morgan ride with him had let slip the assassin line when Alth had commented on the whole thing. Of course that had angered Morgan who quickly started to threaten his life and all the way I was cooing and placating Erik to convince him to allow Morgan to ride with him. Eventually I needed to walk to his car and I told him the tale of the spade and the heart. Basically a tale my Mother had told me about and here are the basics you have to first understand that the spade represents darkness and all the evil and power it has to offer while the heart represents the fire of love and passion which can burn away and destroy evil. So I conferred with Erik and while I agreed with him that based on what he had seen I had to agree that he was dead on with his assessment of the situation but I also told him that like Nialla there was good in Morgan. I let him know that when you call a spade a spade then all is well and good but what happens when you call a heart a spade and eventually the heart dies and becomes a spade are you not as responsible for the evil as the one trying to overcome the temptations of it. As I knew he would since I knew his heart to be brave and good Erik agreed because of my actions to refrain from calling Morgan an assassin up to the moment his actions proved by themselves that he was embracing evil. I agreed and told him if Morgan went down that path then I would not oppose his actions and would even support them. Erik parting comment as I left his side was that Nialla and Morgan did not deserve someone as good as me in there life. I merely smiled back at him my hips swaying seductively and said to him who says I am only in their life Erik and thank you again. I then went to Morgan’s side and by Dionysus he was still seething and with effort I managed to convince him to walk with me for a moment. While we talked I could tell how angry and dark Morgan’s mood had become and sadly if only he would let me relieve some of that stress I am sure he would loosen right up but while he said he loved me it still boggled my mind a little to believe he could resist me. Which of course could be another story entirely so while Morgan and I talked I told him that I had spoken with Erik and we had come to an understanding regarding the assassin comments but I did take the moment to remind him of how his profession was perceived as either spies or assassins so I was surprised how he could be upset by Erik’s comments. He related to me in quite the violent fashion that it was Shiron who was responsible and why was I not talking to him about this and I did my best to calm him and let him know this had nothing to do with Shiron but the perceptions based on his actions by Erik. Strangely Morgan was no longer listening to me and when I asked him what he thought he was he told me a Merchant someone who acquires items that are often considered unable to acquire and if the item is guarded and if those guarding it chose not to release it willing and they perished then they died for a good cause. Well alright then was about all I could manage to say to that as I escorted Morgan to the mithral car and as I left them to return to Nialla I honored them and told them “Thank you gentlemen you both honor me with your restraint.”. We drove to another station and Fluky Luke received news of Mongo as well as an Update on the Magicians. It seemed that the trade for Mongo was indeed a trap and Fast Freddy had paid with his life and only two of the ghouls had survived to tell the tale. He also let us know about a change of locale for the Magicians operation to Montrose a city controlled by Fascists and that they were it seemed getting ready to receive from the Central City police a package that sounded a lot like our missing Lady of the Lake. So it had seemed that we now might be able to acquire two birds with one stone if we played our cards right so we headed out from the refill station and heading out for Montrose. I will admit even with all of the drama it was a good day for a drive and occasional as I looked up I could see Buerick who had shape changed into one of the native birds of Emerald that resembled a duck and when he had dropped a nice present on the shiny mithral care bearing Erik and Morgan almost hitting them on their heads I almost laughed so hard I nearly crashed my own car. All in all I was hopeful and I figured how hard would it be to subdue a few weak mythos mages and acquire a solid lead on the Wish Projector as well as retrieve our Lady of the Lake.

We arrived at the Montrose GTC as we entered two things happened quite quickly Fluky Luke acquired the attention of a local and Shiron acquired the attention of a fascist official who seemed to believe that Alth was his child. I had pulled Nialla aside to move us up to Fluky Luke’s side so I could make sure he was not setting us up. Using the message spell Shiron let us know he was in trouble and I conferred with Fluky I realized it might have something to do with our so called child but it was not my affair to handle perhaps if I was lucky they would take him away and enroll him in school or something. As it would turn out Fluky told Shiron to tell the official who no doubt was wondering why a child was not in school without papers the he was the Father and the Mother was arriving in town later today. The official seemed to buy the story and Fluky Luke had passed my test of loyalty for I figured if he was going to turn on us I had given him his chance. Fluky then informed us in detail of the information he had gained from the fascist contact he had just been speaking to. It seemed that the Magicians were held up in an office building called the Cornell about half a mile away and we had been given carte blanch to deal with them. I was of course curious and wanted to gain the rest of the story so I excused myself and went to the ladies room and while there I cast a detect thoughts spell and since the walls were thin I could already begin to gain some insight onto Fluky Luke’s contact. I exited and asked Fluky it he could walk over to his contact again because I had a few quick questions I wanted him to ask which of course would allow me the chance to gather the information he was hiding from us about what was really going on. What I managed to gain from his mind was that he was an operative of the fascists whose job was indeed to make sure information managed to reach the hands of operatives that the fascist order did not care to see operate in there city. It seemed he was also thinking of how they did not want Central City police in their town and he how confident he was in the ability of their local forces to keep order with the aid of their helicopters. It seemed the town of Montrose was dedicated to tool and die and it’s engineers who were it seemed quite renowned and the operative thought how lucky he was to be able to have a job that he enjoyed. It also seemed the information he was giving us regarding the Magicians being held up on the top floor of the fourteen story Cornell building was correct. I filled in the others and Shiron seemed to forget that I often chose to read the minds of other when I felt it was necessary and he told me that in the future he felt that was an ability I should use all the time. I realize that to most people who get to know me since I often make everything look so easy that in reality it is but I know the truth and I shared it with them as we made our way out of the GTC that I was limited in my ability to read minds and I did indeed plan to use it against the Magicians and if ever a time came when he or any of the others felt the need to know more from someone to let me know and if I was able I would be more than happy to oblige.

We had decided to drive the cars to about a block away from the Cornell building in order to formulate our plan and to set up. Which was when looking back at it I really wish either my or Shiron’s plan had moved forward. My original plan had involved illusion and deception but Shiron had suggested that since Nialla would be invisible and Buerick could fly up to the room if everyone went into the Stone we could enter and observe from the room. Morgan had spoken about just sneaking in and I really did not like that plan since everyone did not share his abilities of stealth and I was also worried about him for something still seemed to be going on with Morgan but I could just not put my finger on it. It was decided to move forward with Shiron’s plan and I informed the others that I had a way up the building and I would also be able to gather information that would be valuable our operation and I would see them on the roof. At that moment I entered my car to obscure my presence from onlookers and began casting the spells I would need to ensure that I would be able to guarantee that we had the advantage we would need to succeed. I therefore cast the following spells greater invisibility, spider climb, see invisible, expeditious retreat and proceeded with great speed toward the building where at the edge I then cast arcane sight and began my climb. Looking back I should have confirmed Morgan’s position for I had assumed that when he had vanished he had entered the Stone of Tongues when in reality he was busy in his nimble fashion moving to the fourteenth floor from the inside. So while I had been able to make it to the roof I had noticed several unseen servants who I figured were being used as magical watchdogs and when I reached the roof a more interesting revelation was revealed to me. For the spell arcane sight was quite the spell in reality it gave me the ability to detect magic without even having to concentrate as well as to discern the likely effects of any magic that I might perceive within one hundred and twenty feet. Now it that was all it did it would still be one of my favorite spell but the fun did not stop there for with a little concentration I could also determine if an individual possessed magical or even divine power as well as the relative strength of that power as well as to what extent those powers might be used. So when I had reached the skylight and waited I noticed six figures in the room I was surprised to notice that they possessed real magic and even more than that they seemed to have an almost unlimited innate access to both zero and first circle magics and not just some of them but all of them and even the ability to cast those spells with the strength of a sixth circle magi. This of course was my cue to begin focusing on their thought since I could see that they were talking. I of course relayed to the other who were now exiting the Stone of Tongues the state of affairs with the Magicians and I warned them to be careful. I was able to determine from their thoughts something that brought me a momentary chill for within the minds of the Magicians I became aware that they were ordered to be her to receive the cargo from the Central City police since their leader believed the operation to be easy money now what caused the chill was that their leader was a twenty foot tall ancient one with glowing red eyes. So I realized that these were the kind of creatures I needed to keep an eye on for in another reality Morgan had been slain by one and I also realized the natives of Emerald used to be twenty feet tall and somehow they had over time shrank to their current height. I was able to make this leap of deduction due to information that finally clicked from my mind blowing encounter with the first Moon Beast from the beach. I of course shared this information as well as how I had came to the deduction since in reality if I were to ever try to allow any of the others to gleam even a glimpse of what I had learned since my arrival on Emerald I doubt many of them would have been able to maintain their sanity much less comprehend it so I tried to divulge information in bit sized pieces so they would be able to handle it. I confirmed with Shiron if we were going to take them now since it seemed that the Central City police were running late or were we planning to take them after they had dropped off the Lady of the Lake. To be honest I really could have cared less how we pulled it off and to be honest I preferred taking them now and then dealing with the Central City police second and moving off with captives the Lady of the Lake and leaving the Central City police waking up and wondering what had happened. Now of course what I did not expect was to find out that Morgan was below us and had somehow not only been detected but come under attack and was calling for help through the message spell which was causing the Magicians in the room to begin to make a hasty withdrawal from the room to assist three fellow Magician who no doubt was trying to deal with Morgan. How Morgan had caused our hope for a perfectly executed plan to come to fruition and go the dung so quickly only led me to deduce that by Aphrodite if he survived what was becoming a complete mess pact, word or whatever he was choosing to call it he was getting laid.

So alright my original plan to take them all alive was going up in smoke as well as Shiron’s plan to wait for the Central City police. For within moments of the alarm called to us by Morgan there was gunfire and the Magicians had each cast expeditious retreat spells and were planning to make their way downstairs. I called on my fey gifts to try and confuse them and I managed to stun one of them who I told the other not to attack while both Alth and Nialla blasted another to the ground with bolts of eldritch power. Erik jumped down from the skylight and moved to stabilize the fallen Magician and all I could think was I was glad someone was sticking to the plan such that it was at this point. Shiron called to Morgan with the aid of my message spell to run but I realized it was far too late for that. Morgan had called back to us that he had lost his sword and asked for someone to find it. Nialla and Alth moved out of the room as if driven by some dark power that had given them leave to unleash their power. While I had to see to the matters at hand and I placed the confused Magician into a deep slumber after he failed to resist my magic. I then moved out the doorway and down the stairs thankful that my own expeditious retreat spell was still active just in time to see Nialla and Alth once again unleashing eldritch power into who I realized was their leader and while Alth I was sure had weakened him Nialla gave no quarter and seemed intent on putting him down and down hard I just hoped not too hard. There were now three of them and I another one fell to the power of my deep slumber spell while the remaining two made a dash for the widow and crashed thru it and jumped. Buerick who had remained as lookout along with Shiron it would seem told us that it was time to leave for large metal birds were fast approaching which I realized were the fascist police forces no doubt being called in to deal with this situation. I realized if their birds were in the air we were no doubt losing the rendezvous with the Central City police and if we were not careful we might very well lose the two remaining fascists who I did not intend to allow to escape. I would be tight I knew but then again I was not ready to give up. I had a few cards still up my sleeve and with just a little assistance from the others I could manage to turn a fiasco into a victory. After all I had not been named Elysia Brenna by my Mother for nothing which for inquiring minds stands for Blissful Beauty of Fairy Land and I guessed it was time for me to start living up to my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment