Sunday, April 25, 2010

Prologue: In the Beginning

Well greetings and well met will be the phrase that I start this journal into my world of innuendo and deception for my real name you need not know but you may call me Markessa De’Mornae. Regarding my family I shall leave that vague as well since the identity of my real Father might frighten those of delicate sensibilities. Let’s just say that my Mother was an Elven noblewomen who found herself abducted by a nefarious and hostile force yet managed to become enamored of her captor and gain not only her eventual release but gained my sisters and I in the bargain as well. So to make a long story short my Mother was a Beguiler and while I have chosen to follow her path I walk a path that binds more closely with my fiendish heritage. So what does that make me well it makes me someone who is obviously more that meets the eye. To say I am naturally attractive as well as a genius is obvious but perhaps not since it really depends on what mood you catch me since bending others to my will is an art that I continue to master I am sure my Mother would be proud. So perhaps I will only fill you in with enough information for you to be able to follow what will come in the future.
So to begin you might be wondering where was I born well that is quite the mystery so let’s just leave it that I was the last child of my Mother the Extremely Wealthy Elven Diplomat Drusilia Nailo and my Father an Incubi or Tiefling and servant of Loki who was granted human form. Of course I have seven older sisters but this is my tale so I will leave them to tell their own stories. Well my childhood among the Elves in the Elven Realms was one filled with boredom for I grew up to fast for me to really make any lasting friendships among the Elves with the exception of my Mother and my stuck up sisters. Well I will be honest since there is no better place to be and it’s not like I don’t have an ego issue myself it’s just we are all too much alike to really get along. Well my early life was filled with joy as well as tragedy. My mother realizing that I needed a companion actually acquired a human ward to be my companion and playmate for my fifth birthday. Jared Black was his name and it was really a pleasure to finally have someone around who I could actually relate to what an awesome present he was. I will have to admit it was an absolute pleasure to have him around for three years later my father was slain and banished by a vile warrior/priest of Thor the God of Thunder. My Mother was devastated but she used my Father’s banishment as the drive she needed to throw herself back into her diplomatic work. We spent the next several years until my apprenticeship began visiting many of the countries of the land for my Mother felt all of us needed to develop our communication skills and could us the practice. So it was on my fifteenth birthday that we returned to our Estate within the Elven Realm that my training as a Diplomat or Beguiler truly began.

I will admit the next five years were almost a blur as my training in the seductive yet provocative Beguiler arts began. I should not have been surprised to learn that my Mother’s ward Jared was to also become a Beguiler and my companion in all things. It was during my time at the Elven Court while I was mastering the subtle arts of the craft when I adopted my current name by which I am still known today Markessa De’Mornae. When I was eighteen years old my Mother told me she had someone interesting for me to meet. It was none other than a crafty and agile yet attractive Elven Merchant who went by the nom de plume Morgan the Nimble and never had I seen a name more deserving. The way he entered the room with such grace and style I swear if it were not for his more subdued manner I am sure he would have driven the Elven maidens wild. I will admit he was driving me just a little mad with desire and lust. Sadly my Mother decided to use the time to further my education since my Mother insisted that I learn not to be driven by my hedonistic nature and learn to value others for not just what they could provide for me sexually but also how they could add value to my life. So sadly I only managed to get to know Morgan as someone who I could talk to about the world and about his life. My Mother seemed pleased that we were getting along I never quite found out why. For I began to realize that my apprenticeship was coming to an end and it was soon going to be time for Markessa to go out into the world and explore just what it had to offer.
I realized that I needed to establish myself and my Mother had given me a pittance in order to get started but the way she saw it I would use it as motivation to gain my own fortune. So I figured since my funds were limited I would invest in items that would serve me on the long term and not just the short haul. So I invested in a Hat of Mystery which allowed me to change my appearance at will and a Backpack of Containment which held within its confines interdimensional spaces which would allow me to carry more inside the what it appeared to be. I decided to outfit myself with an assortment of mundane attire which included my Mithral Shirt and this very diary and I was off to explore the world. I began to realize that my fiendish heritage as my Mother had informed me began to manifest within me and it was then that I began to realize that I had a slight immunity to magics cast by beings who embraced the light. It’s not like I favored the darkness I felt such shallow names were truly beneath me chaos was more my inclination and that suited Mother just fine. It was during my travels where I managed to visit many of the cities and towns of the world that I began to realize that I needed more action and excitement in my life. I figured my skills at seduction and persuasion were improving daily why not put them to the test. So I began my dance with darkness and embraced the Underworld of Crime. For three years I focused mostly on burglary using my formidable skills to impersonate and cloak my presence from magic while my skills continued to steadily improve at an astounding rate. I never used my own identity and never used the same identity twice and I managed to develop an extensive array of contacts. You name it fences, thugs, rogues, informants, guild members, and even a few spies I got to know them all and that was what caused me to come to my senses. Perhaps it was that or the increasing of my fiendish powers that while there presence was exciting for now I had the natural ability to instill fear, read thoughts and even make my suggestions reality while my use of these new abilities were limited the very fact that I possessed them was both chilling and exciting. So in the end I decided to end my life of crime and I decided to seek to perhaps help the common man for awhile as opposed to living off them. For if my powers continued to grow at the same alarming rate I did not want my new abilities to tempt me towards Evil so I figured it was time for some balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment