Sunday, April 25, 2010

Chapter One : As the Goblet Turns

So I had received a summons to the coastal Kingdom of Argos no doubt due to a number strange and confusing messages that were heard to resound from a number of different Temples. But suffice to say one of my contacts had made me aware that my name had made the list. Well not really that impressive of a list from what I was told there were over five hundred people on the said list and I was happy to say that I recognized two of the names one was Morgan the Nimble glad to see he was still alive and the other I shall leave nameless since it was one of my disposable aliases. The word was that there seemed to be some new kind of new deadly magic at work that was causing death to both those who used it as well as those who it was used against. Well if I was looking for something evil to eradicate this mission sure looked like it was going to fit the bill nicely.
I arrived in Argos and of course at I will admit looking back at it I am glad I decided to attend the after party. Which I had attended as the Human rogue Sarah Mandi since I had wanted to get a feel for the situation before I made my presence known to the organizers of this undertaking. As Sarah I had absolutely wonderful time flirting and gathering information regarding strange invaders who spoke an unknown language and wielded firearms of devastating power. Well actually I was doing a lot more than flirting and the orgy to which I was invited that evening was marvelous and quite relaxing. Since I knew I would no doubt be heading on an adventure or quest of some sort I honestly wanted to feed my libido so I would be better able to focus on the business at hand. I will admit I was looking forward to seeing Morgan the Nimble again and by Loki was he nimble but I had worked hard to build my reputation as an artistic Illusionist who while perhaps flirtatious was refined and cultured enough to mingle with those of the Elven Realms. I could tell depending on with whom I was traveling with my metal and crystal companions might definitely come in handy in case my libido decided to raise my sexual temperature at the wrong time or until I was ready. Alas due to the late night which lasted into the early morning I missed the early ships that departed with over three hundred of the five hundred who had been on the list. So as I arrived at the dock I noticed there were few ships left at the dock but I figured I would check it out since one of my new contacts Melias remember the orgy had informed me that he had heard that a group that contained Morgan the Nimble had been involved in a skirmish with the strange entities that the local government were seeking individuals of talent to investigate. Melias had informed me that he and a company of adventures had been given special compensation and a government writ to acquire supplies for an expedition thru a portal that was believed to lead to the origin of all of the problems that were besetting the countryside. So it was that I ended up with a letter of introduction courtesy of Melias to the Captain Everett of the small forty foot sailing vessel and once again being reacquainted with the elegant and debonair Morgan the Nimble.
So as I prepared to board the vessel I could see there were several others besides Morgan and the Captain already on the vessel and I could see they were already preparing to cast off. I was wearing my skintight mithral chain shirt and black leather thigh high stiletto boots as well as my every present Backpack of Containment and my Hat of Mystery by which I maintained a far more seductive appearance. So as far as those on the dock and the ship could tell my appearance was far more striking. I could be seen to be wearing my white gold hair up held up by a gold bangle and my exquisite body I had covered with a skin tight strapless black mini dress with slits on the sides around my waist I wore my spell component pouch as well as my trusty magical rapier and I completed the look with black five inch stiletto heel strappy sandals. I actually own a pair and they normally always work the trick when I want to assure that both men and women notice when I walk into a room. Now add to that a little ruby red lipstick, azure eye shadow, makeup and my Markessa De’Mornae the Illusionist look was complete. So as I continued to turn heads which was of course the entire point I boarded the vessel and after providing my letter to the Captain I moved toward Morgan the Nimble. When I saw him I will admit it took a great deal of effort to conceal my true feelings of lust and desire as I greeted him. “Well met again Morgan it has been to long I see this emergency has gathered the finest people. He replied “It is honor to once again be graced by your presence Lady Markessa De’Mornae” Yeah I know did I forget to mention he is a smooth talker I will admit not the most charismatic or attractive but manners and respect go a long way in my book. He introduced me to his companion Nialla a quite attractive light skinned woman from Iranastan who sadly was hiding her elegant and full figured body behind a full body robe. After which we began to discuss her nature and the events that had led up to them all being on their own boat. It’s funny but I have to admit Nialla's exotic beauty for the most part caused me to almost forget there were any others on the boat. I managed to find out that she was a Warlock by profession and she told me she did not really have magical spells as opposed to hexes granted to her by dark powers that gave her an assortment of powers. Well that was just excellent I wonder if any of them were relatives of mine but I put left that comment unsaid. Since it seemed that she was actually quite good if not altogether too bright I will admit I did find it curious how she ever ended up serving dark powers but I figured I could find out in the future. Well between her and Morgan who had suddenly changed and now looked like a Ninja which was quite interesting and I could suddenly realize another reason why my Mother had wanted me to meet him a few years ago. But back to the matters at hand it would seem that we were headed to a rift in the ocean to explore and gain insight into a group of strange beings. Now as to strange I was able to put together with their help an illusionary image of soldiers who wore black matching uniforms and wielded weapons that fired projectiles. It would seem that they had others who also used devices that might enable them to drain magical energies. In addition they seemed to speak a language unknown to the either Morgan or Nialla. I also seemed that they had managed to acquire a Stone of Tongues that would enable those who touched it and spoke the complex riddle on its surface the ability to understand and speak any language for an hour at a time. The only drawback was that it took the form of a heavy rune engraved stone that even now was sitting in a wheel barrel on board the ship. So I managed to find out that Shiron a Warrior and Null the Priest were also with us. I will admit I have to call the Priest Null for he seemed to be so fascinated by my legs especially my perfect legs and feet he was for the most part speechless. And so it came to pass that in time the ship was maneuvered toward the rift and we prepared ourselves pass right thru it into a new world.
Well ok it may not have been a new world I mean in reality we could end up on one of the many planes of the abyss for all I knew. Only one strange thing happened before our final transition Null started talking and it seemed to himself and suddenly he had a goblet that he said was Space Mead and that we needed to drink it before we entered. I figured why not if he was a Priest perhaps he had received a vision I had heard that Priests do that. So we each drank from the goblet and while I will admit I love good mead this brew strangely tasted like my own blood Space Mead indeed it was not doubt mystical for upon inquiry to the others they said the mead tasted like their own blood as well. So with that settled we entered a new world I just hoped that it was another world and to be honest it sure looked like it. To begin with the when we left it was still daylight and now it was nighttime and the stars were completely different. As we looked around Sha’Ran noticed something of definite interest he noticed that the water around us was filled with blocks of ice which seemed to hold bodies. He actually even told us he recognized them from the three hundred who had sailed before us on a similar journey. He even pulled one out of the lake that he said had resembled his own body well all I could say was that was quite morbid. I will admit I was more fascinated by the view on the horizon and the sky for there were if my eyes were not deceiving me four moons in the sky. Not to mentions speaking of the horizon here were a number of smaller islands visible as well as four larger islands of which one seemed to be on fire. We continued to sail on as we did I noticed that the rift was not visible on our side I will admit I had hoped it might be that simple but alas it seemed it was not to be. But just to be certain I summoned my short compound bow and an arrow from with my Backpack of Containment and fired an arrow at the location of the rift and the arrow soared right thru empty space and fell into the strange ocean. Sha’Ran within moments followed suit and not only fired an arrow but tied a piece of cloth to it and set it alight and fired and his arrow also fell into the ocean. So as I began to contemplate how we might return to our home and replaced my short compound bow within my backpack and it folded back into the illusion created and maintained by my Hat of Mystery. Nialla was the only member I of our group who seemed to notice and she asked me if I had used a haversack of some kind. I responded to her that there was more to me then met the eye and that what she saw me wearing was not exactly what I was wearing. Instead of starting a dialog I stated that perhaps what she wore under her robe no doubt was more than meets the eye as well and that perhaps we would both have to find out sometime. I will admit perhaps I might have started flirting more with Nialla since Morgan had seemed to vanish within the shadows and I had to admit his skill was quite impressive. I have some small skill in the art of moving with stealth myself but truth be told I am more of an acrobat actually since what I lack in natural dexterity I make up for with training and flexibility. Anyway I noticed that Null was in prayer and within moments a shark had swam up to the side of the boat and he was conversing with it. He seemed to send it off to scout the area and it was then that we noticed something behind us. I was a strange light and he told us it belonged to a vessel of some sort that was under water and seemed to be being moved by some kind of wheel in the rear. I had been considering perhaps how I might use an Illusion to cloak or craft but with something also coming up behind us I figure I had best make my way toward to Stone of Tongues since if they can’t understand me many of my abilities could prove to be useless. So with excitement and thrills in front of us and no doubt mystery and intrigue behind us I figured this was indeed going to be a good day or that was one really good goblet of Space Mead.

No comments:

Post a Comment